• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Left handed salute. Ever given one or got one?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
Not talking about using the left hand because the right is incapacitated for whatever reason (including carrying a weapon) but 'just because' some newbie fresh out of OTS went out of his/her way to get a salute? I did it once on a newbie (very young newbie) and yeah, wasn't hard to know who they were being stationed on a fairly small base in Germany since I was an LE so got to see a lot of military personnel and pretty much knew who was new. Was just as good with my left as was with the right and he didn't even realize it until I was 50 feet away and that's when he turned and yelled.....and just kept walking faster. Used to work the gates a lot and never saw him again. :D Being a 'cop' had it's perks but really didn't care for it at all but midnight chow was usually pretty dang good and that's coming from someone who got food poisoning twice while stationed there!

If you’re carrying a rifle, you bring straight up, in the center of your body, magazine toward the person. That’s a salute with a weapon.

I didn’t salute a butter bar once, he got all bent out of shape. Got worse when I told I didn’t see your rank Lt.! He said are ****’n blind? Took my glasses off, popped out the prosthetic eye and he apologized. I must confess, I did see his rank, didn’t like guy much. Was worth it!!

If you’re carrying a rifle, you bring straight up, in the center of your body, magazine toward the person. That’s a salute with a weapon.

I didn’t salute a butter bar once, he got all bent out of shape. Got worse when I told I didn’t see your rank Lt.! He said are ****’n blind? Took my glasses off, popped out the prosthetic eye and he apologized. I must confess, I did see his rank, didn’t like guy much. Was worth it!!
Depends if you're in the Navy or Marines, right? Never did learn AF or Army regs all that much....heck, I know nothing about Army regs.

That should universal for all branches.

Can also salute from sling arms. Left handed salute? Retired in 1995 so who knows in this crazy world.

Never being in the military - I‘ve still received many salutes and given many - either hand - Middle finger straight up……

Not a healthy thing doing the one finger salute these days

Auto Transport Service
Back