• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lens Removal from GTX Fender Bullets

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
I'm ready to jump off a ledge - how the heck do you get the lens out of the turn signal fender bullets for a 67/68/69 GTX?

i broke one off before I realized there was an Allen screw that kept it tight. Now I'm dealing with getting the base of the plastic lens out of the bullet. It doesn't screw out.

Im trying to take the other one out - this time I took out the Allen screw so it turns easily at the lens but it doesn't come out! What the heck was Ma Mopar thinking when she designed this one - why didn't they just thread the plastic lens. Instead it's like a fortress to blast to get it out. These things are pricey so I wanted to get mine rechromed. I still could as I've found new lens but need to get thE old ones out to send the bullets to the rechromer.

Ideas or a little help from my friends - or enemies. I'll take any advice. Thx!

With all the brilliant folks we have out there - no one knows how to remove fender bullet lens? I bow to the great Mopar in the sky and ask him to bestow his knowledge upon one of you - I'm tapped out.

So there is the set screw you talked about. They are slightly pressed in with a -ring on the outside of the lense. I broke mine all up getting the old ones out too. Let me know if you need more help

I finally got the lens out but I ruined both of them doing so. Now I need to buy new ones which is not a big deal I should anyway. Now my question changes to how do you get the lens off the pigtails so I can put the new ones on? I don't see where you can buy new pigtails and the bulb unit so I want to keep and reuse those components.

Any ideas on that? These things are bear cats.....

The wires screw off of the pigtail to the light housing. Thats at least how the new ones come.

Auto Transport Service
Back