• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leonard Wheatcraft funeral

The last funeral for a car guy that I attended, ended up being just a massive burnout contest on the streets outside the Funeral Home. It was so bad that traffic was stopped to let guys go down the road sideways etc. Gets a bit out of hand sometimes.

I think there was more smoke on the street than there was at the Crematorium that afternoon.

Wow very over whelming for me ,Leonard must of been one hell of a guy. RIP

Touching way to remember someone. They should have ran the tree one last time.

RIP. Nice send off btw.

Very nice send off. I only live about 5 or 6 miles from our track.....hmmmmm. Kudo's to the drag strip for being part of this.

Just awesome... ! What away to say good by, one last ride.

That left a mark on my soul...
Thx for sharing. RIP Leonard

Mercy. Only 53.... :praying:

EDIT:
Y'all avert your eyes, I'm going to use curse words here.
**** CANCER. Damn it to hell...

I can't possibly explain what dealing with, fighting against, suffering from
cancer is like to anyone who hasn't - it isn't possible, least by the likes of me.
It's not a thorough enough explanation to say "it takes you to a different
means of existence" - but it does that.
You leave a chunk of yourself behind every damn time, though - and sometimes
that chunk is more than a person can withstand and live on.
I don't wish it on anyone.

I didn't know personally - I didn't know of - this man, but suffice to know
I knew him just the same.
God bless and keep his family and close friends; they are the true victims of the
disease, ultimately.

P.S.: When #7 finally manages to put me down for good, y'all don't go off and do anything goofy, ok?
I'll figure out how and come back and haunt hell out of you if you do.

Last edited:
OMG, Leonard was a good friend of mine for years. We kind of drifted apart when he moved out towards Jamestown. I would hear from him every once in a while but hadn't spoken to him in several years. What a shock! Always wanted to take my 66 over and show him. He did the exhaust on my V8 ranger swap about 10 years ago. It's hard to see this and find out this way, far too late to say my good byes.

Thanks to OP for letting me know. My wife was friends with him on facebook but we had no clue about this. Track is KiKare in Xenia OH. I always saw him when I raced there but my car is too fast for that track now, very short shutdown.
Man, words can't express. Going to miss him. RIP Leonard.

Auto Transport Service
Back