• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Less than 1HR on this cheap 67 fact 440 Charger L code a/c EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna bid but I really don't need another project, and a road trip...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...9&item=251120664921&sspagename=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It will be interesting to see if it is relisted by the seller again or if they actually sold it.

Even at the ending price of $1675. a buyer will be under water on the car in painted drivabile condition and that doesn't mean show winner or even #2 condition. Anyone buying it will have to do so because they LOVE the car.
The seller needed to do a little more research (of course he was selling the car) they made 660 of them. 528 autos and 132 4 speeds. His comparison of 67 Charger Hemi cars and the rarity difference is WAY off. They made 117 Hemi Chargers with an even split of autos and 4 speeds.

I personally think "the market" is due for a re-evaluation on these 67 440 Chargers.

660 is quite the small production run.

They are currently valued less (much less) than a 67 Coronet R/T, and not much more than a 383 powered Charger.
How many of those two models were made?
Tens of thousands?

I forsee a time when the market value "corrects" for these cars.

I wonder how many had a/c?

I think someone got a hell of a deal on that.

I personally think "the market" is due for a re-evaluation on these 67 440 Chargers.

660 is quite the small production run.

They are currently valued less (much less) than a 67 Coronet R/T, and not much more than a 383 powered Charger.
How many of those two models were made?
Tens of thousands?

I forsee a time when the market value "corrects" for these cars.

I wonder how many had a/c?

I think someone got a hell of a deal on that.

They made 10,109 1967 Coronet R/T hardtops and 4840 1967 Charger 383-4.

A 67 Coronet R/T in like condition of this Charger would sell for no more money.
66-67 B bodies are at the bottom rung of the Mopar pricing ladder, always have been and likely always will be. I used to think you were right and that the 67 440 Charger would be worth something someday but I have been watching them for 10 years and even at the height of the market they made no move.

The biggest thing that I see to be the problem is that compared to the 68 up Mopars that are very "in your face" performance cars with hood treatments, stripes, and hi impact colors the 67 back cars don't really stand out as a performance car compared to a regular vanilla passenger car. The 67 GTX is the exception to the rule with the optional stripes and standard hood scoops and it is the highest selling 66-67 B body. You really have to look to see the 67 Coronet R/T hood louvers.

The parts availability and cost is way out of line compared to the final completed value of these cars and it makes them less attractive to potential buyers. You have to LOVE the car and take the money out of the equation if you want to own or restore one of these cars. My advise is to find the best most complete car you can if you want to own one.

I wish it were different as you can see from my signature I have a couple of these cars.

66 and 67 chargers were just fastback coronets like the valiant and barracuda of 64 to 66. They haven't held any real value. Even the hemi chargers don't get much attention. I am one of the few that like the 66 and 67 B bodies..but not the charger

It's the body style. As stated by a few here it's a love it or hate it, but it can also grow on you if you let it. I never have been crazy about it but I have no problem driving my hemi 4 spd 66 around. Cars that have attractive styling always sell and command a higher price over cars that are considered "ugly" (for lack of a better word), and apparently not enough people like the 66 - 67 Chargers enough to get them out of the slump. Even when they were new the styling was debatable according to some articles I read. Some said the big fastbacks (Don't forget the AMC Marlin) just don't work. Me personally, I think they are a neat car and the interior is one of the best in the business, but find the 66 Belvedere body more attractive.

LOL - if this is the "build sheet... not in that great of shape," then that guy is the supreme master of the art of understatement.

ScreenShot2012-08-06at113310AM.png

It's the body style. As stated by a few here it's a love it or hate it, but it can also grow on you if you let it. I never have been crazy about it but I have no problem driving my hemi 4 spd 66 around. Cars that have attractive styling always sell and command a higher price over cars that are considered "ugly" (for lack of a better word), and apparently not enough people like the 66 - 67 Chargers enough to get them out of the slump. Even when they were new the styling was debatable according to some articles I read. Some said the big fastbacks (Don't forget the AMC Marlin) just don't work. Me personally, I think they are a neat car and the interior is one of the best in the business, but find the 66 Belvedere body more attractive.

About the only fastbacks that has increased in any value in the old car market are the old mustangs. Some will argue also the old Barracudas but the prices for them do not indicate this.

Yes, the interiors of the 66/67 Chargers are the key thing for these cars as they double as a station wagon/camper with the rear seats and trunk panel folded down and the quad buckets and full length console of the 66 along with the dash and dash lights are awesome still today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back