• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's hear some KILL SWITCH ideas...

HT413

Semi Pro Bowler
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
How does yours work, where did ya hide it? Why just protect the car when you can f#%+ with the would-be thief at the same time :icon_fU:

Not yours of course, tell us about "your friend's". :laughing7:

I don't have one on my RR but my buddy has one on his charger. He wired it to the emergency flasher switch. He doesn't have emergency flashers anymore but a pretty sweet killswitch location.

I'm surprised that you can't wire one in from an iphone app along with the iphone activated remote start/door lock features.

On my old Dakota it was the cigg. lighter.

Push it in and it would start pull it out and dead.

AT-70-Md.jpgI saw this on Ron Francis's website. You could use you hazards, wipers, a switch, whatever without loosing it's function. Sorry it didn't bring up the part number, just look under relays on they're sight. You could easily do this yourself but it is a good idea.

Buddy has a magnetic reed switch buried underneath the carpet next to the drivers seat to shut off power to the electric fuel pump. Kept a little detachable magnet on his key chain and when he placed it on the hidden switch the car would start.

two best i have seen are the power button on a 65 chevy truck radio converted to be used.also a freind had a momentary switch under the carpet,you couldnt see it just needed to know were it was.

On my Cuda it was the hi-beam switch ..the hi-beam was a toggle switch ...it was that way when I got it...

View attachment 103444I saw this on Ron Francis's website. You could use you hazards, wipers, a switch, whatever without loosing it's function. Sorry it didn't bring up the part number, just look under relays on they're sight. You could easily do this yourself but it is a good idea.

Wow, lots of great ideas! 747, that might take the cake though, thanks for the info.

In one of my cars with a kill-switch. I by-passed the kill switch with a #10 wire, and 30 amp fuse. This will provide power to accessories. radio memory, computer. But a starter draws 80 amps or more. Turn the key, and the fuse lifts.

Simple quick disconnect on fuel pump in trunk--also quick disconnect on fuse-link--no fire no gas steal it now--better bring a wrecker

I got a simple toggle switch wired to my tach lead and ground...switch on and car will not start....

Bryan

My "friend" has a kill switch in his seat. But here is the kicker... you don't push the switch to start the car. You start the car by NOT pushing the switch. So.... if you're sitting in the seat you'll never get it to start because your weight is always pushing the switch.

Patrick

So many awesome ideas, fellas. Hey Patrick, now what kinda switch did your 'friend' find to do that? I'm thinking something like a modern car would use to annoy us into putting our seat belts on?

Hell I'm half tempted to put ALL these great ideas into my car.:la:

thanks props but that one only works if you're present or the thief know's your rep!

- - - Updated - - -

just don't get confused by all those kill switches HT!

Just to followup, GREAT ideas. I chose an easy route. My MSD 6AL box has a neat kill switch built in. Tie the white wire to a switched ground and bam, instant kill switch that doesnt utilize a hot voltage source.

Had an s-10 pickup dropped a sbc 350 w/ powerglide in it. I had an extra headlight Bezel that had a factory foglight switch on it. Wired ign through it.

Auto Transport Service
Back