• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see your Max Wedge hood scoops

Montclaire

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
Please show off your max wedge hood scoop. Include who made it, if it mounts with studs or J-bolts, and your impression of quality. I'd like to see VFN, AAR, and Sled City pieces in particular.
Thanks

Sled city here but i bought it from another member and it's a bolt on, had to make a few ajustments to get it flush on the hood. (not a big deal). aug1711 023.jpg

Sled city here but i bought it from another member and it's a bolt on, had to make a few ajustments to get it flush on the hood. (not a big deal). View attachment 100480
That is a good looking 62 Plymouth. We make that scoop which is a 4.5" and also make a 3.5" and the original 2.5" scoop. All of our scoops here at Sled City have studs hanging down from our special no stress "E-Z Mount" system and you can actually shape the bottom of the scoop to be a better fit to your hood. I wish that was my sedan , but I guess my Max Wedge wagon is good enough for now.

Here is mine. Its fiberglass and its thick as it is sturdy. Dont know who makes it as it was given to me. Ron

100_1777.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Another. Ron

kirbycruise.jpg

[
- - - Updated - - -

Last one. It is a studded scoop as it is easy to secure to the hood. Ron

IMG_0149.jpg

4 1/2" BOLT-on fiberglass hood & MW scoop F&S Fiberglass from Ohio

Attachments

• MW w 4.5 scoop.jpg
    MW w 4.5 scoop.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,386
MW hood scoop

mopar 064.jpgFiberglass molded to a steel hood dont know MFG was on car when I baught it

I read the post about the "plastic Sled City scoop" and almost had a heart attack. Thanks for correcting it. We only do fiberglass scoops and they have a no cracking and no blow off warranty on all of the S/S & fx scoops. Let me know if you need one.

I agree as thats one nice 64 Plymouth you have there Jim. Ron

This is the best I could find, I thought the ones above would have been better, as I said it is a Sled City unit with studs, fit well and no problems for the 10 or so years it has been on there. JiM MFINALPIC.jpgplymouth fall 2012 007.jpg plymouth fall 2012 007.jpg

1963 Polara with Max Wedge hood scoop by "Joey"

Here is my scoop.
Car is in shop. Been there too long.
Law suit soon to be initiated.
"super-bee_ski"

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,028
You know I bought a glass hood and put my scoop on it as I did not want to cut my original hood. But its like my buddy said........................just put it on the stock hood as once you see it on the car it will never come back off. Yea I believe he is right ! Ron

coollowes.jpg

I suppose I'll get in on the action....

Attachments

• 07182012 005.jpg
    07182012 005.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 929
Auto Transport Service
Back