• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see your snow plows!

68gtxman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0574.JPG

Show us your snow plows. Here is mine. It is a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4 wheel drive auto with antilock brakes. My father-in-law gave it to me after my sister-in-law totaled it. She went through a stop sign and a car coming from the side ripped off the front bumper and grille. The adjuster said it was totaled because he thought the frame rail was bent. I trailered it home and took it apart. Found that only the front rail extensions (bumper mounts attach to these) were bent over. After buying $400 of parts (right fender, grill, bumper) and a can of rattle paint, this is what it looked like (minus the plow). I then offered it back to family members who might want it but no one did. So I figured, hey, this thing has 4 wheel drive and I always wanted a snow plow to plow my 600 foot long driveway. I found a used 6 foot Myers plow that was set up for a Jeep CJ5 and picked it up for $400. The mount didn't fit as the CJ has a full frame and the Cherokee has a uni-body. I bought a front hitch mount from JC Whitney for $100 and my neighbor welded on the plow hitch points to that. I bought an old used Myers T5 hydraulic plow unit that pumps up with electric and drops with a manual pull rod. I added front spring helper air bags and viola - I now have a snow plow. I've used it for 9 years now and it is great! I park it in the side yard every Spring and today was the annual reawakening. The fuel injection made it fire right up on the first crank! The only downside to the plow is that it blocks the airflow through the radiator when driving down the highway and it overheats.

Tell me how you got or made your snowplow!

2015-01-05_11-01-58_238.jpg

This is Fergie! 1961 Ferguson tractor that I`ve owned for over 25 years. Faithful old friend that I still enjoy driving.

Snow"....... What's that? We can't even get to to rain here....

76, 400 BB, 4 spd, 4:10's, full time 4wd. (Remember them?), best 4wd system ever.
Worst gas mileage ever - 6-7 on a good day.
20161126_084717.jpg

This is the one plow truck I've owned that was NEVER stuck - ever. Hated to replace it, but frame went away. Replaced it with 2011 Ram TD Crew cab.

Auto Transport Service
Back