• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets talk radiators.

Npulver

Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
So on my charger im going to be running what looks like a 512 stroker with a 727 behind it (for now) What are my options for a good quality great cooling radiator. As of right now i have zero cooling products so this will be built from the ground up. This is including water pump, radiator, hoses, fans, ects. I would prefer to find a radiator that i can find some form fitted hoses so it looks a little nicer.

Currently have been looking at the mancini racing 26 radiators, with some of their hoses.

Any thoughts?

I've been using Be Cool w/ their dual fan set up. Zero issues. But expensive.

I used a $200 Afco 3 pass aluminum radiator with a $135 SPAL 16 inch fan.

2.20.18 026.jpg 2.20.18 027.jpg

Glen Ray for me. Stock rad with the max cool package and a 7 blade fan. Idles at 180-190 on the hottest days in traffic, all day and looks correct with no overflow hose swinging around and all that nonsense. Cheap aluminum radiator I had ran hotter than this rad. Big power, big money radiator= no *** puckering moments in traffic or idling.

rad2.jpg
rad1.jpg

I haven't finished the car yet but, I purchased a Wizard radiator/fan package for my 540. It sure is pretty though!
Mike
IMG_1650.JPG

Stock. Nothing better than Ma Mopar Copper for me.

What did you guys do for hoses? And thank you for the fast response. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Wizard makes some great stuff.I have used their products before. That's if that is your style. BUT for me it's factory copper. I run a E body Hemi rad in my 65 with a factory clutch fan.

Auto Transport Service
Back