• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LH thread front wheel studs for 68 GTX

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have five of the LH studs for a 68 B body that I can relieve you of? For the life of me
I can't find mine after 15 years! If not, anyone still make them? Thanks Guys!

Studs, not nuts, right?

So here's the thing ... everywhere I read is says the studs are a .620 kburl. I popped one out and its .675 knurl. Thinking maybe they measure the inside of the knurl or something I bought one from NAPA to try (I didn't bring mine with me). It just floats around in the original hole !!

I recently recently replaced the 10” front drums on my ‘68 Satellite. I had to use a 5/8” hole saw to remove the swedge... I know I’m spelling that wrong! :D Anyway, I used RH thread to replace. But the first set I got was .625, and they were too loose. I’ve heard of guys welding them in, but I got the .650 set and used a .645 reamer in a Bridgeport to open them up and leave a .005 press fit.
1AB42717-065B-4DE7-8AE4-E0D376543A85.jpeg

Yeah, Thanks Guys, I never ever thought this would be such a nightmare! Maybe if I look
harder? I'm gonna try and get some used ones and pop them in. I wouldn't weld on that
casting! I saw someone here do that in an old post, and I don't want to worry about
something coming apart at highway speeds. If I have to buy a used drum and hub, so be
it! I'll call Stephan's in the morning. 11" X 3" drums. I'm coming down the stretch and
seems like she's fighting me all the way! Thanks for your help!

Evidently there may have been multiple suppliers for front drum brakes. Dorman lists front studs for Budd brakes and Motor Wheel brakes with studs at .650" knurl Both 10" brakes
Kelsey Hayes brakes have studs with .625 knurl. The Kelsey hayes are shown as 11" brakes

I saw those listings and was wondering about the Budd reference! Why would they make things easy?

I saw those listings and was wondering about the Budd reference! Why would they make things easy?
Different manufacturers. But the important part is 10" vs 11"
I always remove one first to measure before buying replacements

Yeah, Thanks Guys, I never ever thought this would be such a nightmare! Maybe if I look
harder? I'm gonna try and get some used ones and pop them in. I wouldn't weld on that
casting! I saw someone here do that in an old post, and I don't want to worry about
something coming apart at highway speeds. If I have to buy a used drum and hub, so be
it! I'll call Stephan's in the morning. 11" X 3" drums. I'm coming down the stretch and
seems like she's fighting me all the way! Thanks for your help!
Did you get this resolved yet? I'm in a similar situation and curious about what works for you.

Different manufacturers. But the important part is 10" vs 11"
I always remove one first to measure before buying replacements
Also important whether disc or drum. 6 different part numbers for 69 rr studs
Front drum, front disc, rear, makes 3, left and right thread makes six.

So here's what I have so far. I have a friend who has an auto repair shop and he has drawers and drawers of Dorman wheel
studs and lug nuts. I called Dorman customer service and asked if they could provide me with the numbers for the Mopar
left hand thread studs. They told me that the one for Kelsey hays disc brake rotor was 610-135. The truck number for Budd
wheels is 610-133, and the Moto wheel which is for drum brakes is 610-132. I found some on FleaBay and ordered a set of
ten for $34.74 shipped. Ultimate Auto Parts. We'll see when I get them! I will report back. Stephen's Performance wanted
$159.00 for a used wheel hub with the studs.

So here's what I have so far. I have a friend who has an auto repair shop and he has drawers and drawers of Dorman wheel
studs and lug nuts. I called Dorman customer service and asked if they could provide me with the numbers for the Mopar
left hand thread studs. They told me that the one for Kelsey hays disc brake rotor was 610-135. The truck number for Budd
wheels is 610-133, and the Moto wheel which is for drum brakes is 610-132. I found some on FleaBay and ordered a set of
ten for $34.74 shipped. Ultimate Auto Parts. We'll see when I get them! I will report back. Stephen's Performance wanted
$159.00 for a used wheel hub with the studs.
610-133 is the left hand thread. 610-132 is the exact same stud but in right hand thread. they have .650 knurl dia.

610-135 is the left hand and 610-134 is the right hand version .625 knurl

As I said at the very beginning of this, your local car parts store, they all can get Dorman parts. Yes, sometimes cheaper online, but can be ordered at the stores.

They might say -135 is "left" but I had one in my hand two days ago and it was "right" !!

They might say -135 is "left" but I had one in my hand two days ago and it was "right" !!
That's what my Dorman catalogue says. Dorman has the number on the top of the head

Auto Transport Service
Back