• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lift off hood

samanatoo

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
just purchased a 69 bee. someone years ago added the lift off hood set up. How can I tell if it is an original hood????

anyhelp would be nice Thank you

the best way to tell is look on the underside
around the air box area there should be wear marks
from the aircleaner and
the fibers that are exposed are a greenish/yellow tinted in color
or post up some pics

thanks will do I looked on the a12 site and they say the underside on originals are pretty rough and the year ones hoods are smooth and have a nice finish. my whole set up fits perfect for a repop. thx

We have a repop on ours and I'm surprised at how well it fits, though I'm not sure what brand it is.

I'm now officially in the anti-Year One camp after the poor craftsmanship related to the two busted hoods that I recently received.

The first one had a rear corner broken off and it arrived in a box that was damaged. The box for the replacement hood was OK, but it had a piece cracked off in the same area, along with a crack on both side edges of the hood.

While working to fit, I noticed that the under hood bracing is not quite right. This isn't about the hole for the scoop- I understand that the hood scoop hole shouldn't be exactly square, in the middle of the hood.

IMG_0127-vi.jpg

This isn't the best picture, but if you look closely at the recesses at the back of the hood (top of the picture), you'll see that the sides of the under-hood bracing are not the same distance from the sides of the hood. There's nearly an inch difference.

This is a Year One product and very shoddy craftsmanship. I'll get around it, but this is a real disappointment for a very expensive piece.

Auto Transport Service
Back