• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lift Recommendations Part Deux

MarPar

If it weighs, it pays
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
So as not to steal racer-x's thunder, i figured i would make my own thread...

looking to get a lift for my garage, but i have a low ceiling, and i want to be able to pull a car in alongside the GTXer even if im working on her.

(see pic below)

i saw a bendpak one-post that would have been good, but of course, they dont make it anymore!! :angry9:
http://www.asedeals.com/portable_lift.html

so ive found three other options, one of which Ma Snart mentioned on racer-x's thread.

here's Ma's suggestion:

http://www.asedeals.com/portable-car-lift-gen.html

which would work, but there are two problems; one is that there is a bar that goes across the bottom of the car for the opposite side lifting pads (which is not a deal breaker), and the second is the feet of the lift go under the car, so you cant really get all the way under car (which could be a deal breaker)

the second one is the max-jax:

http://www.asedeals.com/two-post-lifts-MaxJax.html

which is "portable" but i dont want to have to keep taking the bolts out of the ground (which may weaken the concrete taking the bolts in and out everytime i want to move it. (i realize they bolt into sleeve anchors)) also, it only has three points where you can lock it in with steel bars, and i have measured, measured, measured, but with my luck, the third position (highest) will still be hair high and the car will hit the ceiling. otherwise, it would be perfect

lastly, i found a twinbusch lift (Euro):

http://www.twin-shop.de/shop/index.php?cPath=1

which is a one poster, and it looks like the bendpak, but i couldnt find anyone here in the States that stock and/or warranty them. (i did contact the company directly, but haven't heard back yet). so this one is a distant third.

in any case, i would be using 2 trans jacks, one under the k-member and one under the pumpkin, to stabilize and add a bit of safety.

opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Mar

Attachments

• GTX Exterior (32).jpg
    GTX Exterior (32).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 540
Holy crap Mario.......posted at 3:29AM. My god man, you're dedicated.

I haven't a clue about these lifts, but agree they sure would come in handy. Myself i'd go with the two post.

Good luck and I hope it pans out for ya...............And oh ya, lay off the coffeeeeeeee!!! :pop eyed tongue:

Buddy of mine has low clearance at around 8' and uses one of those scissor type lifts.Lifts around 4 feet and your not dealing with the posts in the way when not in use.Sits about 4" to 6" off the floor when not in use.

thanks guys. yeah Will, couldnt sleep. gotta a lot of sh*t on my mind... im leaning towards the two-poster myself.

wannadrag; scissor lift would be good too, but i want the bottom of the car open, a scissor lift would be in the way.

thanks for the input boys!!!

I have a scissors lift, It works well with my 9' ceiling. My Coronet just clears at max lift. Great for working on wheels, brakes, suspension. Not so great for trans removal. The other bad thing is that the steel rollers mess up the concrete floor after a while. Sure wish the garage were 3' higher.

Garage Buddy or Back Yard Buddy something like that, is a drive on type, with 2 ramps & open center, 4 poster, electric over hydraulic assist, that will lift 6000-9000 lbs or maybe more like 4-6ft up if I remember correctly last time I checked prices a while ago now, they were like $2500+ I think, depending on options & lift rating, you can drive a car under it when it's up... I don't own 1 "yet", but have seen a couple in use & will own 1 when my new 42' long x 28' wide x 14' tall shop is completed in a couple of years {currently it's just a boxed steel framed & enameled steel roofed car port, housing a Pop's 1977 16' Glasspar Tri-hull open bow fishing boat & 2002 28' Jayco 5th wheel RV trailer}....

Hem and Haw are fraternal twins...

You make any moves on a lift yet there Black Sheep?

almost done hemming and hawwing bout it... :laughing8:

i'm bout 80% i'm going to get the max jax ("portable" 2-poster).

just have to place da order and get it shipped to the plant (w/a dock now!!),

then load it on one of my trucks and take her home!!

Attachments

• daily1.jpg
    daily1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 385
  • Capture4.jpg
    Capture4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 388
Sweet! Hope she pans out for ya. I'll be prying you for some feedback when you get it up and running.

almost done hemming and hawwing bout it... :laughing8:

i'm bout 80% i'm going to get the max jax ("portable" 2-poster).

just have to place da order and get it shipped to the plant (w/a dock now!!),

then load it on one of my trucks and take her home!!

what are you hauling with the reefer trucks? curious

what are you hauling with the reefer trucks? curious

Reefer!! lol :icon_weed: j/k

we're a meat wholesaler...boxed beef, chicken, pork, seafood.

Attachments

• daily2.jpg
    daily2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 374
Let us see some pictures when you get the lift set up

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC06970.jpg
    DSC06970.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 360
Hey Mar,
Did you ever get the max-jax? I know its an old thread, but I'm interested in the "portable lift".

Hey Mar,
Did you ever get the max-jax? I know its an old thread, but I'm interested in the "portable lift".

Hey Red,

No, i did not get the Max-jack. they require a minimum of 4" of concrete and no cracks in the concrete near the posts. My floor has cracks all over the place, so I couldnt do it.

Lift

So as not to steal racer-x's thunder, i figured i would make my own thread...

looking to get a lift for my garage, but i have a low ceiling, and i want to be able to pull a car in alongside the GTXer even if im working on her.

(see pic below)

i saw a bendpak one-post that would have been good, but of course, they dont make it anymore!! :angry9:
http://www.asedeals.com/portable_lift.html

so ive found three other options, one of which Ma Snart mentioned on racer-x's thread.

here's Ma's suggestion:

http://www.asedeals.com/portable-car-lift-gen.html

which would work, but there are two problems; one is that there is a bar that goes across the bottom of the car for the opposite side lifting pads (which is not a deal breaker), and the second is the feet of the lift go under the car, so you cant really get all the way under car (which could be a deal breaker)

the second one is the max-jax:

http://www.asedeals.com/two-post-lifts-MaxJax.html

which is "portable" but i dont want to have to keep taking the bolts out of the ground (which may weaken the concrete taking the bolts in and out everytime i want to move it. (i realize they bolt into sleeve anchors)) also, it only has three points where you can lock it in with steel bars, and i have measured, measured, measured, but with my luck, the third position (highest) will still be hair high and the car will hit the ceiling. otherwise, it would be perfect

lastly, i found a twinbusch lift (Euro):

http://www.twin-shop.de/shop/index.php?cPath=1

which is a one poster, and it looks like the bendpak, but i couldnt find anyone here in the States that stock and/or warranty them. (i did contact the company directly, but haven't heard back yet). so this one is a distant third.

in any case, i would be using 2 trans jacks, one under the k-member and one under the pumpkin, to stabilize and add a bit of safety.

opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Mar
Try Derek weaver 2 post lift check them out also the worth lift being a technician I prefer something bolted down you never know what can happen remember you will be under it so be safe I had the room so I purchased a 10,000 pound rotary lift you should check with local lift installers for something used I purchased mine less then 10 years old in great condition little use for 3000 installed good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back