• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light & Wiper Switches

AZRC

Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
I have a Satellite standard Dash in a '72. I am trying to install a custom dash with aftermarket gauges but noticed the long shaft stalks on the Light and Wiper switches to not fit in the custom dash.

Are the Rallye dash switches any different than Satellite switches for Light & Wiper?

Do any other Light & Wiper switches fit from other years that might be shorter?

All help is appreciated.

Took measurements from a Rallye headlight and wiper switch. Head light stalk is 4 3/8" long, including the knob. Stalk in full on position is 2" proud of the housing including the knob. Wiper switch is 1 1/16" from the housing with out the knob.
Bob

The standard dash and the rallye dash are two different switches. I remeber the standard switch to be alot longer.
AL

Rallye switches are shorter.

Attachments

• Wiper switches 71-4B (1).jpg
    Wiper switches 71-4B (1).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 154
Moparmarks - thanks for posting that picture! That shows very simply that there were multiple switch lengths for the different dashes (and maybe years).

My Satellite dash had the wiper switch on the far right (about 5.5 inches long total). It looks like I need the one in the middle for my custom dash. It is hard to read the part number on the middle one - can you type it in a post?

My Light switch is also very long (about 6.75 inches total) but can be cut down easily as the long stalk (3.75 inches) is just the pull rod and nothing else.

Thanks for the great info

Heres another shot. Pardon my south paw writing.

Attachments

• Wiper switches 71-4B (2).jpg
    Wiper switches 71-4B (2).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 145
Two different lengths on the wipers, Rallye and standard. Actual light switches are the same with different handles between Rallye and standard.

Auto Transport Service
Back