• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Line lock position HELP

RT K_line

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
So this weekend I was getting the car ready to go to the track I felt the brake pedal bypass when I came to the end of the street. So I turned around and went back. So long story short I replaced the master and line from the meter valve to the master. And I have had a Jegs line lock solonoid and tried to install it but fitting issues changed my plans. I'm still looking for what I need but I'm not sure how or where is OK to mount. Thanks for your help in advance K

Mine is mounted under the master cylinder on the inner fenderwell.
IMG_3029.JPG

I have mine mounted under the MC also. I had a Jegs unit but the solenoid was sticky and wouldn't release. Now I have the "original" Line Loc from Hurst and it works!
Mike

You can mount it wherever you like that's convenient. The only key thing is to put it into the front brake lines before they split OR use two line locks (one at each front brake), again wherever it's convenient.

You have to look through the brass parts at the auto parts store & piece together what you need to adapt the line lock(s) to your brake lines. I did a little trick on a line lock for a newer car where I bought some USA-thread brake line with fittings, cut one end off & replaced one fitting with a metric fitting, then re-flared the line....sort of a built in metric/USA adapter.

Dont forget the line lock has to be before the distribution block or else it will bypass the pressure to the rear and not work.

Actually you should just ditch the distribution block and do an adjustable rear prop valve.

Mine is below the MC, on the top of the frame rail. I run mine backwards, locking OUT the rear brakes. It's a Summit brand unit, and I've never had a problem with it since new, 6 or 8 years now.

My current line lock is a Jegs unit, mounted below the MC & between the distribution block. Works great. In the old days I ran the Hurst line lock. Never a problem with many, many thousand runs.

So my attempt to do a burn out at a local show when I left (by request) resulted in no burn out, could not get it to brake loose.
Found why on the way home............temp went up and oil pressure went down.
When I tried to back into the garage the car would not roll, managed to over ride and the right rear wheel was super hot.
It does have a line lock but I did not use it.
So I thinking the e-brake was stuck?
Would the line lock affect this?
I did not install it nor do I know the brand .
Are there line lock adjustments?

The line lock should only keep the front wheel brakes applied when the line lock is engaged, with the rear brakes free. E brake, maybe your problem or a stuck rear brake.

Dont forget the line lock has to be before the distribution block or else it will bypass the pressure to the rear and not work.

Actually you should just ditch the distribution block and do an adjustable rear prop valve.

So are you saying start at MC then run a line from the front brake port (the rear port per B Body service book) to the line lock port then run line out of line lock back to the distribution block to complete the line?
Thanks

So are you saying start at MC then run a line from the front brake port (the rear port per B Body service book) to the line lock port then run line out of line lock back to the distribution block to complete the line?
Thanks
Yes.
Mike

Mine is below the MC, on the top of the frame rail. I run mine backwards, locking OUT the rear brakes. It's a Summit brand unit, and I've never had a problem with it since new, 6 or 8 years now.

This is how I did mine as well. Makes the install 1000 times easier. Mine is mounted beside the distribution a bit further down on the frame rail. Works like a charm

I dont have one on my 63 right now but years ago when I bracket raced my 4-speed 340 Dart it was mounted on the drivers inner fenderwell just below the master cyl. I tied it into the front brakes as I always run mine that way. Just pump the brakes and hit the line lock button and then let off the brake pedal. Then I just let the clutch out with my left foot and work the gas with my right foot and could shift from second to third if I wanted more tire speed while heating the tires. I would also use it when staging as once I prestaged I hit the line lock and then bumped the car in to stage all the way by popping the clutch a little. It also made sure the car did not roll any while staged as I then just let off the button when the clutch came out to launch. Ron

So this weekend I was getting the car ready to go to the track I felt the brake pedal bypass when I came to the end of the street. So I turned around and went back. So long story short I replaced the master and line from the meter valve to the master. And I have had a Jegs line lock solonoid and tried to install it but fitting issues changed my plans. I'm still looking for what I need but I'm not sure how or where is OK to mount. Thanks for your help in advance K
After reading this guess still have lots to figure out .

Auto Transport Service
Back