• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Linkage

gtx446

Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have a 66 Charger with Hemi with back to back dual fours.. I am looking for an expert mechanic who knows the 727 and linkage setup for the Hemi. Any help will be appreciated. I live in Central New Jersey.

Thx Vic

Here's a picture, are you missing parts?
tqlink.JPG

Do you have stock return springs? The service manual explains how to adjust kickdown (throttle pressure control really) linkage. Download a service manual from this website, if you have a printer all the better. Believe it's in section 21 trans section. Make linkage it's binding someplace.

https://mymopar.com/service-manuals/

Last edited:
Lube all pivot points. Too stiff a throttle return spring?

Throttle cable kinked/old and fraying inside? Check everything over, shouldn't be overly stiff.

Do you have a hemi throttle cable? It is short. The regular V8 cable will bind of you try to use it, too sharp of bends.

Transmission section is #21

In the factory shop manual they tell you not to lube the kickdown linkage pivot points.

Do you have a hemi throttle cable? It is short. The regular V8 cable will bind of you try to use it, too sharp of bends.

Transmission section is #21

In the factory shop manual they tell you not to lube the kickdown linkage pivot points.
Fixed, can't the ol' memory.

Auto Transport Service
Back