• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lokar cables

65-440

Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Ok, I did a brief search and couldn't really find what I was needing. Looking for throttle and kickdown cables from lokar. Both for my '68 coronet 383/727. I had a lokar throttle cable on my '65 coronet but cant remember which one it was / size. For those of you running both throttle and kickdown cables or either one from lokar please let me know which ones will for for me. Much appreciated ! thanks, Erik

Thanks ! so would I need to entire kickdown kit, or just the cable ? and what about brackets for the kickdown ?

I bought the polished throttle and kick down cables and the mounting bracket with springs. See below for applications taken from the Lokar catalog downloaded from their website. Items I used are in red.

Hi-Tech Throttle Cables
All Lokar Hi-Tech Throttle Cables are available in either stainless steel braided housing, black
stainless steel braided housing or black housing. They are designed with a specially extruded
liner for extended life of the cable – not to be confused with ordinary braided brake hose.
Cables are equipped with aluminum fittings and aluminum ferrules to eliminate fraying.
“U-Cut-to-Fit” outer housing is available in 24" or 36" lengths with a “U-Cut-to-Fit” stainless inner
wire. Clevis is designed without cotter pins or set screws. Adapts to factory and aftermarket
pedals. Custom lengths available upon request. Cables mount nicely with Lokar’s array
of Brackets and Return Springs (sold separately). Kits complete with installation instructions.
Stainless BLACK
Description Steel Housing SS Housing Black Housing
24” Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000HT XTC-1000HT TC-1000U
36” Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000HT36 XTC-1000HT36 TC-1000U36
Tuned-Port ’85-’91 & LT1/LT4 Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000TP XTC-1000TP TC-1000TPU
Blower Drive Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000BLD XTC-1000BLD TC-1000BLDU
36” LS1 Hi-Tech Throttle Cable (also use for Ram Jet 350) TC-1000LS1 XTC-1000LS1 TC-1000LS1U
Ford EFI ’94 & ’95 only* Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000EFI XTC-1000EFI TC-1000EFIU
36” Vortec Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000TPV XTC-1000TPV TC-1000TPVU
Ford MOD 4.6, 5.4 V8 Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000MOD XTC-1000MOD TC-1000MODU
24” Ram Jet 502 Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000RJ XTC-1000RJ TC-1000RJU
Barry Grant Six Shooter Hi-Tech Throttle Cable TC-1000BG XTC-1000BG TC-1000BGU

Polished Hi-Tech Kickdown Kits
To add more shine to your engine compartment, try Lokar’s "U-Cut-to-Fit"
Polished Kickdown Cables which are available in either stainless steel braided
housing or black housing. Cables are designed with a specially extruded
liner for extended life of the cable – not to be confused with ordinary brake
hose. Kickdown features polished aluminum fittings with polished ferrule to
eliminate frayed cable ends. Kickdowns are adaptable for all types of manifolds
including tunnel ram, blower manifolds and Weber induction systems.
Mount our kickdown with our Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Return
Springs (sold separately). Complete instructions included in kit. Pair up
with Polished Throttle Cable (Page 34).

Chrysler 727 KDP-2727HT KDP-2727U
Chrysler 904 KDP-2904HT KDP-2904U
Chrysler 518 KDP-2518HT KDP-2518U

Throttle Cable Bracket and Spring Kits
Stainless bracket mounts to rear of Holley, Edelbrock, AFB, Quadrajet, Demon, and In-Line
Dual Quads. Stainless bracket and GM designed dual stainless springs are used to mount
Lokar’s Throttle Cable and Kickdown kits. Design provides improved clearance on Edelbrock
carbs. Design includes tension screw to prevent bracket from movement under
extreme pressure on a kickdown cable, such as with a 700R4 transmission.
Part No. Description
SRK-4000 Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Stainless Springs
XSRK-4000 Black SS Carb Bracket & Black Stainless Springs
SRK-4001 Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket
XSRK-4001 Black Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket
SRK-4002 Stainless Steel Springs
XSRK-4002 Black Stainless Steel Springs

I only needed the throttle cable and purchased the bracket as well. Perfectly lines the cable to the throttle connection on the carb.My trans is reverse manual valve body and kickdown not needed.
Mancini,s will know what you need to make it work.

You'll be better off with Buchillon !!

You'll be better off with Buchillon !!

I was looking at their kickdown kit and throttle cables. Guess I need to call them and find out if I will need any extra brackets or do they come in the kit ?

good people down there at Bouchillon...always took care of me when i needed help.

Lokar Throttle Cable aluminum fittings and aluminum ferrules to eliminate fraying.....with fabricated bracket to look like "stock"
Vito 9-23-12 (1).jpg

Been using this same Lokar cable on my 63 since 2006. Ron

100_2346_zps61e6d324.jpg

Ordered the Bouchillon kit, should be here this week.

Yea I would like to see pics of it as I hear its very good. But I used a Lokar cable in 2006 and its still working good so I am very happy with it but would like to see this other brand as most seem to like it. Ron

Will do . But I seem to be having trouble posting pictures. Cant do it from my phone, and when I try from computer nothing happens when I click the upload photo button ...

Hey Mechanic, I see your Proform carb. I am wondering where is the rear metering block?? I have used Proform on several of my vehicles and never seen one without the rear metering block. Just curious? Thanks, Larry

bouchillon factory cable with jegs mount assembly.was super easy to adjust and looks great.man valve body,so no kick down.10411292_237489503112653_6391885681296785854_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back