• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long time c body owner, just bought a b body!

Justin B

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
Justin here. From Wellington, New Zealand.
I have owned a 67 Fury for over 20 years now. Many rust repairs, and custom work.
Runs a stroked 400 out to 468, built 727 and a tru track diff. custom interior and 4 linked rear.
We have always wanted a b body, a 69 super bee in particular, but couldn't bring ourselves to sell the fury, as it has a ton of sentimental value.
I recently sold most of our pinball collection, and have bought a 69 coronet coupe from the USA, and am in the process of shipping it home. It's done as a bit of a a12 clone, 440, 18 spline 4 speed with Hurst shifter, Dana 60, fibreglass pinned hood. We are not worried about it being a clone, as it's what we could afford.
It's a solid rust free car, we had a pre purchase inspection done, and we are super excited to get it home, altho it is gonna take a while due to the California ports backlog.
I am probably gonna need some advice along the way, so have joined up the forum
First pic is our 67 4doir fury. 2nd is a pic of the coronet from the add I bought it off

IMG20210128111748.jpg 4ca9def4ec22038b39e09a3794789be8.0.jpg

welcome to the site and thanks for the pics :thumbsup: nice buy and hope it doesnt take to long to get home.

Welcome from Alabama, clone or not, it's a cool looking B body.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Congratulations and best of luck with your new adventure. This is a great place to be when you need some help.....

"C" body? GET HIM!!!! Well, guess better late than never? Lol. Welcome. The Coronet looks like a keeper to me.

IMG_20210213_175330_083.jpg
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
Due to the l.a. port backlog, it's gonna be 3 months till we get our coro
At least the fury runs strong. Some fury info, it's the only known fury 4door hardtop rhd in the country. Someone special ordered it from Chrysler new Zealand in 67 and they imported it for him
Here's a quick vid of fury smoking the tyres.
You guys do like burnouts aye?

Last edited:
newwelcome.jpg
Hey, good luck in getting that suspension on the c-body repaired soon, eh? :)

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

View attachment 1152863
Hey, good luck in getting that suspension on the c-body repaired soon, eh? :)
Ha ha, yea, it's missing a couple of leafs in the back. It's 4linked with bags in rear, firm feel stuff up front. It drives ok for being so low, but I probably wouldn't do the bag thing again, I was a lot younger back then. Coronet will be all as ma Mopar intended

Just got pics of our coronet being loaded onto the transport from the seller.
The long ride to New Zealand has begun

0dc7f098cb3afaae9cd5ac2066b29b35.0.jpg ea433d44ab73c679e271b7482379a47c.0.jpg

Welcome along to FBBO @Justin B .....great to see another familiar local car join up. I recognise your Fury from several pics and the now defunct NZ Mopar Forum. :)

:welcome:

P s......I like burnouts :lol:

welcome from the left coast of the usa , had a 69 coronet r/t for awhile it went to a good home here in the states , but i still have a furious flyer thats my pitt racer for my 63 sport fury mw racer oh ya everyone lov's my furious flyer
DSC00238.JPG
DSC00239.JPG
P9091254.JPG
Fury.png

Auto Transport Service
Back