• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long time lurker taking the plunge

Dano 1

Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
First time posting after lurking for a long time. Some of you may have seen my car/posts over on the Charger forum but if not my semi-long term project is a '69 Charger I found under a tarp outside of Asheville, NC in 2018. Since then I've been working on getting the car roadworthy and mechanically reliable while kicking the can on body work.

Lucky for me the car is incredibly solid but will eventually need some decent metalwork out back. For now I've been enjoying the car as a 'ratty' driver playing around with suspension and engine tuning to keep it on the road. The motto of this car so far has been 'perfectly imperfect' which has made for a really fun, low-stress experience.

Looking forward to sharing more of my project(s) and hopefully helping out other members.

Because I wouldn't dare show up without pics, here's what I found when I pulled off the tarp back in 2018...
IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6106.JPG

And here's how the car looks today after a whole lot of wet sanding and sub-assembly restoration...
IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

North
36701377555_0d44590ae4_b.jpg

If it's running and your having fun then it doesn't matter what she looks like !
I see you have made good progress so far.

Welcome and just drive as is is what I'd do.

Welcome from New Zealand

You've made great progress since finding the car. We look forward to seeing more photos as the restoration moves forward.

Welcome from Alabama, it's good to find a Gen II Charger in any condition. Just keep it rolling.

Welcome from Arizona!

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck on the Charger project

Welcome from PA!

Some of the cars that are the most fun are the ones that aren't perfect. Keep enjoying the ride!

Some of the cars that are the most fun are the ones that aren't perfect. Keep enjoying the ride!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! HawkRod, that is exactly my experience so far. It's pretty awesome not worrying about where I park or how I drive. If I feel like playing Dukes of Hazzard and sliding around a dirt road I can do it guilt free...not that I would know of course...

welcome from Canada. You are doing it right. Get the mechanical, suspension and tires up to standard and drive it. This 62 Fury has a faded 30 year old paint job and I drive it on gravel.

808FDC07-949D-4AF3-80C1-D9CDBBF027D2.jpeg

Welcome from Sothern California!
You have done some nice work and I am glad you are driving it around. I have seen so many project cars get taken apart and never finished, I think the way you are doing it is best. My '68 was way more fun when it was ratty, once it was all pretty and painted it just didn't get driven as much.
Dec_09_meeting07.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back