• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what followed me home the other day . . . .

conv67bdere

Super Moderator
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Picked up a new "toy" for the shop . . .

Good news it's the 2J head to boot ! ! !

20200105_121306.jpg

20200105_132612.jpg

20200105_133623.jpg

All that just to make your own lug nuts? :lol:

Nice score Larry......hope it helps to get your 'verty on the road sooner. :D

Help me out here because I'm feeling "iggnent". What is it ?

A Bridgeport mill is a standard manual knee-type vertical milling machine. The reason that many people refer to a manual mill simply as a “Bridgeport” is because it's one of the most famous brand names that's found in most machine shops. Essentially, Bridgeport invented the modern manual milling machine.

Thanks. I have heard of the name and device but don't know what it can do.

They sure do come in handy. Love my Rockwell.
Yes nice score!

Congrats conv67,they are a must have machine, now you need a good lathe. My old Bridgeport is a 1965 mfg, J-head. Do you have 3-phase?

Congrats conv67,they are a must have machine, now you need a good lathe. My old Bridgeport is a 1965 mfg, J-head. Do you have 3-phase?

Don't have 3-phase yet - but it's already in the plans for when the new shop gets built . . .

BTW - I've already got a good lathe - Grizzly 12 x 36, that just got upgraded to a VFD and Baldor 2HP motor . . . spent a lot of time getting it dialed in and true . . .

Mine isn't a Bridgeport but a good clone. I looked at several BP's when I was shopping but the junk ones were priced at 10k with the table full of holes from morons. This one was 10k brand new and I had the coin so it resides in my shop now since 93 and it has a 10x50 table. Most BP's of this side only have a 9x42. When the oil industry is booming around here, shop machines go through the roof and wasn't about to buy a used up machine for top dollar.

IMG_20191225_192746244.jpg

Good score. I have wanted one of my own for home use for 20 years. Just not enough room for one. Good thing is we have over 25 of them at work so staying after and working in between the night shift guys is never an issue when needing to make something or modify something of my own.

Great score - I want one! Some day perhaps. One problem:

I NEED MORE GARAGE SPACE FOR TOOLS AND CARS!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back