• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look What Followed Me Home Today

Dave6T4

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
It's not a B-body, but still a Mopar, so can I keep it? One owner, low mile 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited X. It turned over 12,000 miles (20,000 K.) on the way home today. This thing is LOADED; what it does not have, I don't need. It is V-6, but has sport hood and dual exhaust, panoramic roof, 20" sport wheels, full nav, black leather interior. It kind of looks like an SRT, but has V-6. I turn 75 in June, so likely one of the last fairly new vehicles I buy. Traded my 2015 Durango in on it, so controls and driving feel are pretty familiar. We just did not need three rows of seats any more.

P4120006.JPG P4120009.JPG P4120005.JPG

Last edited:
Yep nice ride!!! Glad some on here have the means to just buy at any time. Me??? Fixed income puts a dent in that idea. I have to decide against "needs" and "wants." I guess I know what the answer will be, before weighing those two...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

This thing is LOADED; what it does not have, I don't need.

And the **** it does have, you don't need that **** either! It's just more **** to breakdown and drive you to the poor house to get repaired! JMHO

My wife and I are retired and on pensions, so major purchases like this are very calculated. I spent about a week on AutoTrader and CarGurus websites looking for the best buy. I always buy used, so someone else can take the depreciation hit. I bought my 2015 Durango as a year old ex-Enterprise rental. I paid $28,500 for it in 2016, and was allowed $20,000 on trade-in, so I did very well there. Although this Jeep was 2 years old, it was one private owner with only 12,000 miles (20,000 K.), and had Platinum extended warranty program with it. I figure I saved about $20,000Can. by buying used. My Durango was still in very good shape with 150,000 K.(about 95,000 miles), but was going to need brakes and spark plugs (intake manifold comes off for this), plus battery was almost 7 years old. We no longer needed the longer 3-seat capability. I just figured it was time to pull the trigger on something with less mileage. The Grand Cherokee will last us a long time in comfort and style. Likely the last newer vehicle we will buy.

And the **** it does have, you don't need that **** either! It's just more **** to breakdown and drive you to the poor house to get repaired! JMHO
Thank you So Much for your positive assessment. That is sarcasm, in case you don't recognize it.

Given all the hassles with vehicle prices you got a nice snag. You get a premo trade-in deal? I’d think ya did. As 69a100 mentioned, all da stuff on newer vehicles isn’t my thing either. My newest vehicle is an ’09. Last summer when hunting for a new or newer truck cuz my ’05 Dakota was rusting I didn’t like the prices and luv my Dakota. It’s a Laramie model V8, all decked and AWD with 84k. Heck after seeing prices I was looking at trucks with only 20k fewer miles than mine and not as well-appointed for $30-40k. And ahh new ones or low mileage…oly chit. Yep, I could afford it; but just bugged me. Did a body transplant on the Dakota (fenders/box/bumper) the cab/doors were in nice shape yet with minimal rust, among a few other things while the body parts were off. All this ran around 4,500 bucks. At my age I’d expect this might be my last truck being retired now. Using da unspent cash to spend on my new garage. No kanocks hey on you guys that want the new stuff.

Thank you So Much for your positive assessment. That is sarcasm, in case you don't recognize it.

Oh I recognize it just fine. It's the factual facts that you can't seem to understand about todays vehicles! And Your Welcome for the positive assessment!
Oh, and BTW, my daily driver has manual crank windows, Thank You very much!

Lol, some wonder why obesity is a bigger (pun here) issue? Gone are the days of getting up to change the TV station, answer the phone, and our recliners now are power. I was the TV ‘remote’ for my dad back when…for all 4 stations we had.

I think what he means is that with all these horns whistles and bells along with computerization, it is now almost impossible for one to fix them when the go out. Thankfully with our older rides at least we can fix and repair most of what goes broke on them and get some busted knuckles and blood sweat and tears shed...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Those are very nice rides for sure - just don't want to deal with one when the electronics go south
is all....
I've already informed the wife that as much as we like the '04 Ram SLT 4x4 hemi and her '12
Charger R/T hemi, if either of them "lose their minds" to a point I can't diagnose and repair, then
they go away and are replaced by older, less computerized rides.
Knock wood, they've both been dead nuts reliable so far....

We drove our Durango for almost 6 years with no electronic gremlins. The only mechanical issues were a broken gas door release and a leaking transfer case seal. I traded it with 150,000 K. (about 95,000 miles) on it with the original factory brakes. It was a good vehicle, and I hope this one will be as good.

We bought a new 1992 stick 4 Runner v6 in December 1991, put 364,000 k on it. That 3.0 litre hauled full size Chryslers and other things. Did what we needed. Sold it in 2012, 21 years cost of repairs and purchase cost and interest came to 240.00 Canadian per month.
Replaced it with a 2006 4Runner 4 l auto, limited edition 4 wheel drive. Has been very good, Japanese made came from the US. Now have 145,00 miles. Hope I haven’t jinxed myself. Hope it sees us out.

Back to the topic at hand - celebrating Dave's new ride. Nice Jeep, Dave! We're on our third Grand Cherokee, now, and we really like them. Like you, the one we recently bought could be with us a long time (we still have our 2001 Ram 2500 - I tend to keep vehicles forever). Until February, our newest vehicle was our 2009 Grand Cherokee. I'm driving that one for now, but we might sell it if we get the right price. Or I might drive it into the ground instead of driving the Cummins the short commute to work.
Congratulations on your new vehicle!

Enjoy the new Jeep! I personally like bells and whistles. You only live once. All cars are much better then they used to be. Even crank down windows can have issues. Congrats! Mike

Oh I recognize it just fine. It's the factual facts that you can't seem to understand about todays vehicles! And Your Welcome for the positive assessment!
Oh, and BTW, my daily driver has manual crank windows, Thank You very much!
I don't understand your crank up window comment, are you bragging. I got a 10 year, 100 thousand bumper to bumper for less than 1800 dollars and I let someone else worry about **** that breaks. At my age, I drive for comfort, not to save the earth or my bank account and I need my arms for other things besides cranking the window down............ I think his car is beautiful and good for him.

@Dave6T4 Cool beans but what engine did the Durango have that you gots to pull the intake off to change spark plugs? The things I'm not crazy about are all the warning sounds and lane change stuff. Don't like when the vehicle pulls the steering wheel when you get close to the 'white lines' and all the warning sounds when another vehicle is close. Also noticed that people with back cameras now back up worse than they did before they got a vehicle with a back up camera! lol

My wife and I are retired and on pensions, so major purchases like this are very calculated. I spent about a week on AutoTrader and CarGurus websites looking for the best buy. I always buy used, so someone else can take the depreciation hit. I bought my 2015 Durango as a year old ex-Enterprise rental. I paid $28,500 for it in 2016, and was allowed $20,000 on trade-in, so I did very well there. Although this Jeep was 2 years old, it was one private owner with only 12,000 miles (20,000 K.), and had Platinum extended warranty program with it. I figure I saved about $20,000Can. by buying used. My Durango was still in very good shape with 150,000 K.(about 95,000 miles), but was going to need brakes and spark plugs (intake manifold comes off for this), plus battery was almost 7 years old. We no longer needed the longer 3-seat capability. I just figured it was time to pull the trigger on something with less mileage. The Grand Cherokee will last us a long time in comfort and style. Likely the last newer vehicle we will buy.

I have a 2012 Durango that I absolutely love. I bought it used in 2016, 117k on it now and I hope it lasts forever. So far I've only had to do one wheel hub and the HVAC blower motor. It has every bell and whistle I'll ever need in a vehicle. The Jeep/Dodge/Ram guys seem to have their act together!

Lol, some wonder why obesity is a bigger (pun here) issue? Gone are the days of getting up to change the TV station, answer the phone, and our recliners now are power. I was the TV ‘remote’ for my dad back when…for all 4 stations we had.
My Father always said that with technology, Man becomes mentally stronger and Physically weaker! Truer words have never been said!
I don't understand your crank up window comment, are you bragging. and I need my arms for other things besides cranking the window down............ I think his car is beautiful and good for him.
No, no braggin at all. I was reiterating a point that you don't need to have 90% of the crap the auto makers throw at you. Why can't I go into a dealer and order what I want, check the boxes of what I want and the hell with the rest! Why do I have to take only what they have to offer or go without? Give the customer What they WANT, not what they think you need! My DD is over 25 years old, tell me why I should trade for something new/newer that has all that crap I'm talking about that breaks?
I hope you don't need your arms to be screwing around with a cell phone while driving, or to fiddle fart around and **** with all those buttons & knobs inside the car with all that neat **** that you don't need to really distract you from actually driving a car!

@Dave6T4 Cool beans but what engine did the Durango have that you gots to pull the intake off to change spark plugs? The things I'm not crazy about are all the warning sounds and lane change stuff. Don't like when the vehicle pulls the steering wheel when you get close to the 'white lines' and all the warning sounds when another vehicle is close. Also noticed that people with back cameras now back up worse than they did before they got a vehicle with a back up camera! lol
My Durango is a 2019 that I bought new. I turned off everything but my backup camera, that's the only thing I like!!! LOL
My understanding is one day you won't be able to turn all that intrusive crap off. I get that, one reason I bought when I did. I have no idea when that will happen, if not already. Saving us from ourselves, one step at a time. I really do like my Durango, I'm keeping it. It only has about 12 thousand miles on it. I put almost three thousand on my coronet last year.

Auto Transport Service
Back