• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what I found lying on driveway.

You may be able to spin the broke off part out of the crank with a pick with as few miles as it has. The head is where the tension is applied. I was able to easily back out broke off ring gear bolts with a pick and screwdriver (shop didn't realize the L on the bolt meant left hand thread lol)

You may be able to spin the broke off part out of the crank with a pick with as few miles as it has. The head is where the tension is applied. I was able to easily back out broke off ring gear bolts with a pick and screwdriver (shop didn't realize the L on the bolt meant left hand thread lol)
Or use the eraser end of a pencil pressed against the broken bolt and turned to back it out.

Actually ordered set this morning. Will attempt repair tomorow night after this heatwave leaves NY.
Try everything else before the drill. Pretty easy to get off to the side on that small of bolt. Left hand bits do work pretty good. That bolt....shouldn't....be stuck in the hole. Never say never tho...

Now your gold!

2.28.15 010.jpg 2.28.15 011.jpg 2.28.15 012.jpg

Found bolt head lying on dryveway. Looked around but haven found where it went. Looked at lights, grill, lower radiator core support. Car is a 69 Charger. I also looked at the head marking document and its not listed. Its 5/16”

Anyone have any idea?

View attachment 643293 View attachment 643294
Looks like a crank pulley bolt. Mine are aftermarkets from 'the source' but they look just like that

Auto Transport Service
Back