• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

look what i found

stingger68

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
i stoped by an old car lot/ salvage yard and there was these babys. two 68s and one ruff 69. the blue 68 has pappers and ine a /6 car (no motor or tranny) and the other 68 has something that confused me, it has square marker lights and i dont meen like the 69 and 70. here some pix. all have the interor. only the v8 68 charger has the motor and tranny in it. to are very doable but he has them priced at $20,000.... i hope i posted this in the right place.

Photo0288[1].jpg

Photo0294[1].jpg

Photo0293[1].jpg

Photo0292[1].jpg

Photo0291[1].jpg

those are both 68s from the rear. Wow, kind of steep priced considering how much work is going to have to go into them! At least he's selling 'em vs. keeping 'em to 'restore someday'!

i dont see him ever selling them before the rot. sad. what about them side lights?

No clue where those side marker lights are from...Some kind of "C" body?:edgy:

I agree...20 Grand seems a bit steep

just another one of those who think mopar is worth more than gold no matter the condition. we had one of those guys in the area i grew up in they had a 68 runner that was just rotting away the frame rails were even mostly rotted away and he still would not sell it unless he got 15k for it. its people like this that drive up the cost of parts for the rest of us

what a shame. If people knew what kind of money it takes to bring these cars back from the grave.
needless to say they will either rust away to the point of no return, owner will go down in price , or some poor sucker will buy them and go really deep in debt putting them back together.

it was 20,000 for all three and from talking to him he will let then set and rot before going down. he was a nice guy dont get me wrong but just wants way to much.

What a waste, love the 68 Charger. Seems weird to me to take less to sell them, or let them rot and get nothing for them. That is just irrational....

well im going to call and stop by there time to time to talk and shot the the **** and maybe he'll see a light lol. maybe not lol

I have found that people who state an outrageous price usually see the light after you befriend them and show them that your not some d-bag flipper. I once bought a Superbird out of a "storage lot" (junkyard) and the owner originally wanted $100K for it! After a few months of stopping by once a week and shooting the breeze with the various Mopars I owned at the time we finally settled on $8500. I should have never sold that car myself, but I really thought I was doing the right thing at the time. At least it went to a good home and has since recieved a proper concourse resto. :yes:

amazing how things have changed 20k for 3 in today's market is a deal of the century

I have found that people who state an outrageous price usually see the light after you befriend them and show them that your not some d-bag flipper. I once bought a Superbird out of a "storage lot" (junkyard) and the owner originally wanted $100K for it! After a few months of stopping by once a week and shooting the breeze with the various Mopars I owned at the time we finally settled on $8500. I should have never sold that car myself, but I really thought I was doing the right thing at the time. At least it went to a good home and has since recieved a proper concourse resto. :yes:
In my case it took 20 years. The previous owner had always quoted 50% over market when asked by others. He never quoted me a price, just said I'd get the first crack if he ever decided to sell it. He knew I wanted the car more than anyone in the country. Ended up being a good deal for both of us.

Auto Transport Service
Back