• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 1970 FJ5 Lime Light 440+6 Road Runner Coupe

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I decided to finally put up a thread to see what happened to a car I sold about 15+ years ago. I keep thinking about it over the years and I have thought about doing this several times to find out if anyone has out there has it or has seen it.

I sold a 70 RM21V0G - FJ5 Lime Light 440+6 Road Runner Coupe in 1996-99 timeframe.

I was driven to it and I regret it :)

I'd also be interested in buying or trading for it if the owner reads this or just talking if not for sale. I'd just like to see what it looks like now and know what happened to it.

Details as best I can remember.

It DID NOT have the matching number motor or trans. I provided a 18 spline 4 speed and Dana with the car as the car had a 8 3/4 swapped in and was missing the motor and trans. Also when I got the car the steering wheel was missing and the person I bought it from had a set of vice grips on it to steer .. was still the same when sold if I recall. The carpet was out of the car but it had the seats in decent condition and the door panels were pretty decent. The dash was extremely nice and still had the radio and tic toc tack.

From memory here is how it as optioned. It had the fender tag and a clear Illinois title that was in my name.

440 6 BBL
4 speed
A33 - 3.54:1 Dana 60 track pack pg
Bench Seat Interior - Black w/wide silver accents
Power Steering
Power Drum Brakes
AM Radio
N85 - Tic Toc Tach
A87 - Decor group - stainless exterior pilar bright trim, top of door trim, etc.
NO vinyl top - was a painted top car

Also from memory - not certain but seems right
Pretty certain it was NOT an N96 Hood car
MAY have been a hood pin car - can't remember but seems right.
MAY have had a faded white power bulge stripe on it too
MAY have had some cheap aftermarket rear view mirrors installed

When I bought it and when I sold it, it was oxidized dark blue / B7 Blue repaint but lime light was visible in trunk where paint peeled and floor of the car but for the most part it looked as if it had a fairly professional and complete color change many years earlier.

I bought the car in TX in about 1990 and it was very solid. It sold near Salem/Effingham IL area to someone from a surrounding state ... possibly OH or KY or maybe even very souther area of IL I think.

Important detail If the guy who bought it reads this - It was sold as a package deal with a 70 Tor Red / Hemi Orange Satellite Convert 383 car with a white interior, power steering, power brakes, and A/C. I had put a 4 BBL on it, 3.23 SG, Hemi leafs, and air shocks on it. The convert had been wrecked. :(

Please send me a PM if this sounds familiar or you know where it is or even if you've just seen it years ago.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back