• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for '68 Charger R/T

Deus Ex

Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for '68 R/T and was wondering where the best place is to find one? It'd be great to find something "barn find" like that has a straight body and interior... drivetrain and powertrain do not matter as I plan to swap the chassis.

Is it even worth it to find an R/T in this situation? On Pink Slips, are Chargers differentiated in the model with "R/T" or are the VINs different for R/T cars to know?

Don’t cut up an R/T for this kind of a swap. Just get a plain Jane that needs resto and go with it.

Post in the welcome wagon and welcome! And where are ya from

Don’t cut up an R/T for this kind of a swap. Just get a plain Jane that needs resto and go with it.

I was thinking that too, but ultimately if I invest this much in the project, it'd be nice to know that it's still an "R/T". But is there anything on the original that would even denote it to be an R/T? Is the VIN different? Does it say R/T on the pink slip?

Post in the welcome wagon and welcome! And where are ya from

Will do

Yes RT shows on the VIN tag

If you change it all over with a new chassis, it means nothing, other than you cut up an R/T.

Lots of differences to denote a real R/T vs a clone, aside from the VIN. Do not cut up an original R/T, they're worth more as a restored car.

Screenshot_2023-04-17-22-10-22~2.png

How much you got?

Swap the chassis? Or do you mean put it on a chassis? Either way, just don’t. Find yourself an already molested car so as not to bugger up another nice car.

As others have stated, chopping up an RT won't add any value to your build. It will piss off many enthusiasts though. Start out with a 318 car.

It is your money. Spend it as you wish and don't worry about the purists. Just don't build something and try to portray it as legit. I don't know what you mean by "swap the chassis" but if it means LS swap, that will definitely piss people off. Myself included.

I’m going to be selling my 68 hemi charger, if you really wanna piss people off lol

It is your money. Spend it as you wish and don't worry about the purists. Just don't build something and try to portray it as legit. I don't know what you mean by "swap the chassis" but if it means LS swap, that will definitely piss people off. Myself included.
To the Red Xer. Which part do you disagree with? Spending his money? Pissing people off or the LS swap?

Auto Transport Service
Back