• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 68 yellow charger in birmingham al

Vertburt

Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
913A2783-F58B-4B30-BC62-9F73A83CD154.jpeg
Hey. Long shot I know. My next door neighbor bought this 68 charger new and saw it everyday threw my teen years. The last time I saw it would have been early nineties in a fenced yard at Adamson ford downtown Birmingham. The pic was taken in 1982 of my camaro but the charger is in the background. The last time I saw it the appearance would have been the same. So the car was only 14 years old in the pic and it looks 50. Anyway would love to know the where abouts.
Yellow had black top black interior auto 318 with air. Thanks

The less rust the better!!! 68- 70 b's rust bad, ask how we know, floor pan trunk pan window frame, frame rails, battery tray rocker panels, cowl panel, the engine in nit that important, your money pit and your pain in the butt is going to be the body work.

Last edited:
:lol: all of us here in the site, check the members projects and restoration, so you can see what am talking about, rust is a pain in ... and the 68 - 70 rust a lot.

:lol: all of us here in the site, check the members projects and restoration, so you can see what am talking about, rust is a pain in ... and the 68 - 70 rust a lot.
You are right. I looked at 68 Coronet R/T's for over 5 years before I found a mostly rust free one. I had to pay up for it but it is a matching numbers 440 4-speed car. That being said it still needs restored properly. Presently I'm sourcing needed parts to bring it back to original condition. Ofcourse it's green/green but at least the hunt is over on the car. It seems that power window stuff is almost impossible to find.
20171109_094315.jpg

You are right. I looked at 68 Coronet R/T's for over 5 years before I found a mostly rust free one. I had to pay up for it but it is a matching numbers 440 4-speed car. That being said it still needs restored properly. Presently I'm sourcing needed parts to bring it back to original condition. Ofcourse it's green/green but at least the hunt is over on the car. It seems that power window stuff is almost impossible to find. View attachment 822793
Am green of envy :lol: you made my point, not a single car build in history was build to last 50 + years, now the fact that we're all stubborn here made this old mopar very much alive, but time take his toll and for a start the less rust is better, although that's mostly a dream for much of us here :luvplace:

You are right. I looked at 68 Coronet R/T's for over 5 years before I found a mostly rust free one. I had to pay up for it but it is a matching numbers 440 4-speed car. That being said it still needs restored properly. Presently I'm sourcing needed parts to bring it back to original condition. Ofcourse it's green/green but at least the hunt is over on the car. It seems that power window stuff is almost impossible to find. View attachment 822793

Nice 68!! What do you need for the windows?

The less rust the better!!! 68- 70 b's rust bad, ask how we know, floor pan trunk pan window frame, frame rails, battery tray rocker panels, cowl panel, the engine in nit that important, your money pit and your pain in the butt is going to be the body work.

Hmmmm... I posted under the lost and found page about wanting the where a bouts of a car that I have childhood memories from. Not sure where I have said I was wanting to buy it. Yes I did join the site yesterday and yes working on my first mopar a superbird. I have been restoring muscle cars for 35 years mostly camaros, Shelbys and Corvettes. And it seems the speaker for the whole site wants to school me about rust.

Hmmmm... I posted under the lost and found page about wanting the where a bouts of a car that I have childhood memories from. Not sure where I have said I was wanting to buy it. Yes I did join the site yesterday and yes working on my first mopar a superbird. I have been restoring muscle cars for 35 years mostly camaros, Shelbys and Corvettes. And it seems the speaker for the whole site wants to school me about rust.
I think your reading Leon a bit wrong.......He is our wonderful resident Mopar gent from Mexico......He is an outstanding member and was just simply pointing out a fact about 68-70 B bodies.....He didn't mean anything ill towards you or the car in question...IMHO...

Sometimes postings are like texts, they can easily be misinterpreted wrong......

In any event best of luck on your search......

Nice 68!! What do you need for the windows?
4 regulators and motors, 4 switches, probably most of the wiring. The wiring was cut at the front pillar where it comes out to go to the doors. I'm not sure where the rear windows get there power, but I'm assuming that wiring comes down the sill plates. I haven't pulled the door panels to see if the stops are missing. I am hoping I can find everything on one car, because it will be a real pain to get a piece here and there. Being the wiring was cut where it was I'm praying the dash power window harness is still there. At some point in this cars past manual windows were put back in it. They work good but I think it is pretty cool to have a factory hotrod with the only significant other option being PW.

Don't get me wrong, if anything am not the speaker of this guys, they can clearly speak outloud from themselves, I didn't check were you post your tread, if this bothered you, well, sorry.

I think your reading Leon a bit wrong.......He is our wonderful resident Mopar gent from Mexico......He is an outstanding member and was just simply pointing out a fact about 68-70 B bodies.....He didn't mean anything ill towards you or the car in question...IMHO...

Sometimes postings are like texts, they can easily be misinterpreted wrong......

In any event best of luck on your search......

MUCHAS GRACIAS JUSTIN!!!
I told you this before my friend, thank you for your kind words, comments like yours are the one that I really appreciate, thank you.
giphy (2).gif

Without a vin, it'll be a really long shot at finding it.

Auto Transport Service
Back