• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a few folks

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
Where are all the 64 Dodge owners at haven't heard from some of you folks in awhile hope all is well and your projects are coming along. Thanks bearman

Where are all the 64 Dodge owners at haven't heard from some of you folks in awhile hope all is well and your projects are coming along. Thanks bearman

Hey Bearman,
Had the old girl out yesterday with her top down. Lovin the 3.23s over the 3.55s I had and the suspension upgrades, as well as the 4 wheel disc brakes have made a world of difference in how she drives.
How's life out west? Finish that 64 yet?

Gw, just working on it as I can with this damn virus has set be back. Hoping to get busy pretty quick. I have been working on the rollbar and mini tubs when I can. I bet that felt great to get her let the top down and Cruz on
Need some pics of your upgrade on the brake system whenever you please. Pictures worth a thousand words. Thanks hoping more guys chime in haven't heard from the preachr inwhile and so on. Thanks for the update talk soon.

I'm still here and working on a handful of outdoor house/yard projects....just not working as much as I'd like to on restoring my '64 Polara Vert. I've bought some new parts recently and I took my front bumper to the rechroming shop in PA a few weeks ago, so that helps me feel like I'm accomplishing something. lol

Both Legendary and SMS are running sales right now too so I've been researching the $$$$$ interior items for the car while I'm off work and able to do so. I need everything.....door panels, upholstery, carpet, etc...

My 64 is still just sitting around waiting for me to start the actual work - been putting time into my 68 Charger -- the short block is getting finished at the machines shop so I can get it back hopefully next week and start mocking up all the blower stuff -

Thanks for checking in guys. Perfection takes time but it will happen.

Down for paint now, but otherwise it's my strong running daily driver. Good idea to start a '64 thread.

IMG_1699.JPG Burnout.jpg

The black marks are a nice touch to the pic. Good luck with the paint

I'm still here and working on a handful of outdoor house/yard projects....just not working as much as I'd like to on restoring my '64 Polara Vert. I've bought some new parts recently and I took my front bumper to the rechroming shop in PA a few weeks ago, so that helps me feel like I'm accomplishing something. lol

Both Legendary and SMS are running sales right now too so I've been researching the $$$$$ interior items for the car while I'm off work and able to do so. I need everything.....door panels, upholstery, carpet, etc...
I'm like you will need everything for the interior but I think going to hunt down some local shop to do the work. After hearing some of the trouble us folks are having waiting for interior's.

My 64 is still just sitting around waiting for me to start the actual work - been putting time into my 68 Charger -- the short block is getting finished at the machines shop so I can get it back hopefully next week and start mocking up all the blower stuff -
Good luck on your projects but most interested in the 64 I'm just being bias.

If any of you guys have the original or correctly reproduced non Polara 500 interior in your car could you post up some pics for me please? I'd like to confirm what left the factory in '64.

Here's what I have in my convertible and I know that it differs from hardtop models, especially in the back. I believe that the stainless steel trim on my front door panels is OEM but I believe the vinyl on the door panels was replaced by a previous owner. I only have one piece of stainless trim on each front door panel, is this correct?

I do have the correct front bench seat and the rear seat for my car, but both have been recovered and the original material is long gone. The new pic I posted came from the internet and it's what I think my interior should like like. [My car has the H4R fender tag code]. Thanks!

IMG_0616.JPG IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0618.JPG Legendary Interior_64 Polara_My? Red Interior.jpg

If any of you guys have the original or correctly reproduced non Polara 500 interior in your car could you post up some pics for me please? I'd like to confirm what left the factory in '64.

Here's what I have in my convertible and I know that it differs from hardtop models, especially in the back. I believe that the stainless steel trim on my front door panels is OEM but I believe the vinyl on the door panels was replaced by a previous owner. I only have one piece of stainless trim on each front door panel, is this correct?

I do have the correct front bench seat and the rear seat for my car, but both have been recovered and the original material is long gone. The new pic I posted came from the internet and it's what I think my interior should like like. [My car has the H4R fender tag code]. Thanks!

View attachment 954982 View attachment 954983 View attachment 954984 View attachment 954985
Six pac, from talking to the others and trying to get mine in order have found that all four models have different trim etc on the interior hoping some of the others will show which model gets what.

I asked on another thread.... but.... what pentastar is correct for '64? The all aluminum, or the plastic backed?

Detroit - At some point the factory went to plastic and I'm pretty sure that's all that's available to us these days in reproduction. I'm not sure what year was the "transition year' between the two styles.

Here's an interesting read..... https://www.allpar.com/corporate/pentastar.html

I believe the door panels in my convertible Polara are original, although the seats were done by a PO.

P1000345.JPG P1000347.JPG

There's a guy on facebook named Gary Ball who makes the Super Stock door cards at a reasonable price if you are interested in going that route. He also sells fiberglass replacements of the upper support pieces.

Legendary will give you a bit of sticker shock on seat covers and they don't carry every variation from 62-65, unless the 330 and 440 models used the Savoy pattern seats?

While we are on the subject, is there an easy way to convert a fixed bench to a folding bench? I believe you can do it without much trouble on the 70s seat frames but I haven't had my 64s seat apart yet. I have access to a nice fixed bench with armrest and the covers are cheaper.

Gary ball out some great work. Another member got front seats from him. The quality is great and you get it damn faster than these other guys. As for the making of a split seat I have nothing to look at. But newer frame with old style looking cover maybe you can do that.

My 330 is patiently waiting for me to finish my 63 Plymouth.
Originally a two tone paint car. Aqua with a turquoise roof and turquoise interior. Have and engine and trans. Just need some time and money. Lol.

891703E5-170E-429F-84A2-1E51DA91F6DD.jpeg

Thanks for the motivation! Read this earlier and that was it, had to dig mine out of storage. First time out this year. Felt good to run it down the road!

This one is a 4 dr conversion. Owned the car for a long time and finally couldn't stand it anymore and had to convert it. Still needs some door adjusting, headliner, new seat covers and some finishing touches. Never be a show car, but sure is interesting how much attention it gets since the conversion.

SANY0006.JPG SANY0007.JPG SANY0008.JPG

That looks great money and time is everyone problem. I know it's mine also.

Auto Transport Service
Back