• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for a good set of points and condenser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked Jegs, Summit, and Amazon, price around $85.
Depends on which model. There are about 6 Pertronix options on Summit after filtering based on make/model/engine. Seems a few of them are for dual points distributors so it kind of narrows it down to the Ignitor (1381A) for $88 or the Ignitor II (91381A) for $114. I haven't looked into the differences yet but that doesn't seem all that bad for what you get. I may purchase one to stash away for now but I'd still like to get the points working, just for fun.

This is not a daily driver by any means so reliability is not all that important. I wont take it far until I know things are right. I've got much more work ahead of me than the ignition but I am trying to chip away a little at a time. Thanks!

Going through this now. Got a points dizzy in my Duster its a 400 stroked to 470 with TF 240s solid cam. It runs good but I figured let me put in the Brand New Mopar style EI from E-Booger in it. I have the same setup in the R/R 440 ect and it works fine with lots of miles on it. Been chasing my tail trying to get this low deck unit to work. Looks like it is a pickup problem. So I pulled the Chineesium dist apart and it is truly junk inside. It is based on the later style where you dont just pull the pickup but have to replace the whole plate, because its riveted at the pivot point. Now I am thinking of going Real Old School with a dual point and one of them big yellow Accel coils. Wish the Swap meets would start opening Dammit. This is just a Local thrasher not a long hauler. See my post on EI issues if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back