• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a rechroming shop

Rconzo

Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a great rechroming shop on the east coast between NY and NC - I will be driving to NC and I want to drop off my bumper
1E96CA11-0AB1-4740-9CE1-6A1AF9B8D0B7.jpeg

Ouch! That’s terrible. Tri cities plating in Elizabethton,TN is a good one.

They're not going to straighten that... get your 8 cents a pound at the scrap yard and order an AMD or get a good straight core from a member here to have rechromed.

Paul’s north of Pittsburgh or LiBrandis at the Harrisburg airport.

Hearing horror stories about the 1 in Philly; customer service kinda non-existent, prices changing as he does the job, changing delivery dates, etc...since original owner passed many years ago.

Just picked up 5 bumpers and parts from a local place in my state. They had them 10 months and still had not touched them. Just dropped them off at another state local business , said he would need 10 to 12 weeks to do them. Good luck finding someplace to do a timely turnaround, they are all pretty backed up.....

I have a core - I am not straightening the one in the pic. Do you know if any shops between ny and nc on the east coast that are really good

Tri City Plating finished both of my bumpers in 3 weeks. Totally satisfied with their work.

Drive a little futher and get them to Tri-city Plating, you won't regret it.

Nice to hear there are still good chrome shops left! I wonder if they would restore Lil Red Express wheels? Seems everyone I ask immediately say no wheels.

All my local places here will not do wheels or plastics. Not sure why wheels are so difficult to get done......

There is a shop near you in Farmingdale called Brite Metal Finishing. They do polishing and rechroming. He mentioned they send the work down south. Give him a call Prentiss 631 390 8850 139 Rome St, Farmingdale NY 11735
631 242 4521
516 557 1939

Many years ago I did a frame off on a '58 Corvette. This car had a truckload of pot metal, steel bumpers, and SS molding which I entrusted to Martins of Philadelphia. To say it came out amazing would be an understatement, and the Corvette judges actually bitched because it was too good.
From what I understand Harry Martin's son Jerry has a chrome shop called Charger Metals in the Philadelphia area. Do your research but if he was mentored by his Dad you'll be very happy.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back