• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for braided fuel line plumbing ideas.

potze426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
I would like get some ideas of a plumbing plan that would come from the stock fuel pump, running up the engine well shelf to a 3 way fuel block and then across over the valve covers to connect to a 800 Holly carb. I am looking to use the braided lines. Maybe I would install a fuel gauge some where in the system. I am running a 440 motor. This system would be for a 63 Plymouth Sport Fury. Thank you so much. Tom.

I would like get some ideas of a plumbing plan that would come from the stock fuel pump, running up the engine well shelf to a 3 way fuel block and then across over the valve covers to connect to a 800 Holly carb. I am looking to use the braided lines. Maybe I would install a fuel gauge some where in the system. I am running a 440 motor. This system would be for a 63 Plymouth Sport Fury. Thank you so much. Tom.

Can you use different terms than "engine well shelf"? I think you are describing the flat horizontal area at the top of the inner fender. What are you looking for that you haven't told us?
Mike

Yes, the flat horizontal area area at the top of the inner fender. I am looking for pictures of those set-ups.

Ptfe, 6 an, one line from the regulator near the fuel tank to the inner fender.

The braided ptfe is the easiest line to work with, fittings go on very easy/quick, and it doesn't deteriorate over time.

Put heat stuff on line, but not near headers at all, and might not look it in pic but plenty of space between heater hoses.

Rubber line over the forward section slid down, was secured up higher at tb as it was close to hood. It was just there as a precaution as I had a bent a previous engine mount.

Psi gauge on tb.

Check here too: https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopa...itting-in-shock-tower.458614/#post-1972906442

20190813_180354.jpg

Last edited:
Understand if you use PTFE line you will need special fittings designed to be used for PTFE hose. A standard AN hose end will not work correctly. If you are using gasoline only, no E-85, Russell Proflex will work fine. Might save you a few dollars

Understand if you use PTFE line you will need special fittings designed to be used for PTFE hose. A standard AN hose end will not work correctly. If you are using gasoline only, no E-85, Russell Proflex will work fine. Might save you a few dollars

PTFE = Poly Tetra Fluor Ethylene aka "TEFLON". OK as an inner liner of a hose for chemicals but for fuel line it must be reinforced with an outer covering like rubber, EPDM or a braided stainless steel outer covering.
Consider looking at: www.anplumbing.com or www.anhosefittings.com
Earl 's is an excellent source for AN fittings (AN joint industry conference for Army Navy specs) or 37° Flare angle of the fittings. 37° fittings are more vibration resistant than 45° SAE fittings.
Jegs and Summit are also sources. These vendors have all the pieces and parts to build exactly what you need. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back