• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for car security systems

iraqivet01

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Here goes.............

Wednesday morning my Girlfriend had went to the dentist, and decided to go by the house to check on things, and found two guys had broken in to the house. One pulled a gun on her, and demand that she tell them where I hide my weapons. (don't have any in that house due to her distaste for guns)

She told them that we didn't have any in the house. They tore througn all my duffle bags looking for one. Seeing all my slings, mag's, and hoisters, they just knew I had some hidden somewhere.

This went on for over an hour. Since these two low lifes were a foot decide that they want to take my Dodge Ram SRT 10 to haul off all our TV's, computers, and anything else they could fill the back of it with. She told them she didn't know where the keys to the truck was since I was the only one who drove it. They looked inside it, but wasn't smart enough to know that when you open the door and the dinger is sounding, "the Keys are in the ignition".

They ended up loading eveything they could into my girlfriends Mini Cooper clubman. (she had to educate him how to start the thing since in uses a remote that slide into the dash, and you push a starter button)

They taped her up on one of the bar chairs in the middle of the kitchen floor, and drove out of the garage. then they went back in and ask her where the remote is for the garage door.

we got lucky in so many ways.
1. They didn't harm her during the whole ordeal (Physically anyways)
2. They didn't make off with anything that can't be replaced
3. The OKCPD found the Mini Cooper this morning
4. They didn't make off with my 2004 SRT 10 with 20K on the Odometer.

So now the big question
Does anyone use Lojac car security and tracking system?

No kidding.
Were (my girlfriend, myself and the neighborhood) still in shock about the whole ordeal.

I'm in the process of Fort Knox'ing the house now with a security system as well as getting a security tracking system for our vehicles in case they ever do get stolen again.

Gezuss.............Glad to hear no one got hurt! To hell with the security system. Go buy a 120lb German Shepperd.

glad your girlfriend didn't get hurt,but nothing burns my *** more than somebody thinking just because you own something and they don't means they think they deserve it more.

security

No kidding.
Were (my girlfriend, myself and the neighborhood) still in shock about the whole ordeal.

I'm in the process of Fort Knox'ing the house now with a security system as well as getting a security tracking system for our vehicles in case they ever do get stolen again.

first off i am really glad she is alright. it will take a while for her to recover from the trauma of it all.
i would highly recommend adding visual surveilence with the security system. if and when the alarm goes off the system will start recording. i have 2 business's and both have this. my main business, wholesale meat distribution,was broke into a couple of years ago and it was recorded. with my inside and outside cameras and one of my neighbors outside cameras they were caught. police said this pair were responsible for other break ins in the area. when the alarm went off the security company called me and 2 other employee's. if i had of been near a computor at the time i could of dailed in and watched at the time, live. apparently there is an app that i could have to my c-phone for the same.
one of my other business's, pay day loans, has cameras,4, recording 24/7. today these cameras can be smaller than a bic lighter.
-
really glad it came out the way it did. unhurt. you can always buy more stuff but a life is not replaceable. stick by her, she will need support. rick

That just goes to show you the total decline of the moral fabric of this nation. Really? Steal from the guy who protects your freedoms to steal?

On the upside if they ever get caught they will be right back on the street 2 days later on "probation" since the jails are over crowded.

Exactly how much does a bullet cost anyway?

That is why I have a chow in the house that will take your arm off (if you are a stranger) and I also have a CCW.
The last guy that pointed a gun (and shot) at me is 6 feet under.

I am so glad that she is ok. Is she reconsidering the gun issue ?
She could have waited till his back was turned and taken the a-hole out.

Won't do the gun thing. We are going to get an alarm system and car tracking in case they are stolen again.

I looked up Lojac and it going to around 2k for the cars
Just wondering if there is another dependable system out there.

Holy crap, what a story!! Could have been a lot worse and glad it wasn't.

I'm glad every one is ok!
.....I'd love to smash there faces in....My friend had that happen to his brothers family but these jerk offs were not so nice about it.They held a shot gun to his little girls head and put her in the bath tub and told her they were going to blow her head off...They then took the father out side to beat the tar out of him but he managed to get away and run to the house across the field and call the cops..The cops showed up 1/2 later...We found out later that this has happened many times in that area,the cops show up late to avoid a gun fight and its kept out of the news.

Im sorry to hear of this and glad nothing worse happened. They should be lined up against the wall for this crap! Seems the jails don't influence these people maybe a revolver would.

Auto Transport Service
Back