• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for firewall brake bracket pic please 68/70

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
no booster this is the long bracket
s-l500.jpg
thanks

I the bracket shown above in the correct orientation for a manual brake car as well? Seems that I have always seen that bracket bent downward when installed on a manual brake car.

I the bracket shown above in the correct orientation for a manual brake car as well? Seems that I have always seen that bracket bent downward when installed on a manual brake car.
If my memory serves me correctly, which isn't always the case these days, I believe there is a short and a long bracket for the wires at that location. Long with booster and possibly short without. I don't know, both of mine have boosters..
superbirdcleanup20182019 1144.JPG

I thought short was for booster and long for manual brakes.

Pretty sure I bought the correct one for my car, I'll have to look at the Bird tomorrow to make sure they are both the same. I know the Bird's is OE.

Pretty sure I bought the correct one for my car, I'll have to look at the Bird tomorrow to make sure they are both the same. I know the Bird's is OE.
did you have time to look?

I did actually. The repro on the Bee is just shy of 3" long and straightening out the Birds bent up thing, the most I dared so as not to crack it, it's about 2 7/8" long. Scoured through my parts manuals for '68,'69 and '70 and I can't find it referenced anywhere. I do remember reading "short and long" though when researching, I just don't remember proof positive which is which. In my mind a short one would make more sense on manual brakes, with no booster to get up and over, but I didn't design these things! LOL

how I was looking at it ,it just hung down. I did not realized it was to bend up. Now I see why the short would go with no booster.

Auto Transport Service
Back