• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Hemi cross ram intake.

Shoulda been at the Dallas show. A guy had one, along with a single 4 NASCAR intake

The cost of getting there would have not been cost effective. I have a single 4 on the Polara now, just think it would have more WOW with the cross ram.

Absolutely the WOW factor is there with a cross ram. Makes me gooey just thinking about it:grin:

Buying a used manifold, unless bone stock, going on bone stock FULL UNCUT dimensioned parts, is a very hard thing to do.

Hogans has 10-12 dimensions that are needed to make a new one to fit the individual motor, same is true for a used one.

9 TIMES OUT OF 10 A USED MANIFOLD WILL NOT FIT A USED REBUILT MOTOR....

I hava an untouched 472 Hemi. :grin:

Hey 69 runner: Did the single 4 nascar unit have someones name wrote on it? If so i saw that same intake in Springfield last month.

Buying a used manifold, unless bone stock, going on bone stock FULL UNCUT dimensioned parts, is a very hard thing to do.

Hogans has 10-12 dimensions that are needed to make a new one to fit the individual motor, same is true for a used one.

9 TIMES OUT OF 10 A USED MANIFOLD WILL NOT FIT A USED REBUILT MOTOR....

If you are going to paint a picture of DOOM you should also educate everyone to the fact that it is not that big a deal to build a manifold up with weld in order to cut it to need.

I remember something scribbled on it, but I didn't look that close. Seems like the price was written on it with a sharpie

If you are going to paint a picture of DOOM you should also educate everyone to the fact that it is not that big a deal to build a manifold up with weld in order to cut it to need.

I was also told by Edelbrock when I was looking for six-pack intakes for my 440 that when looking at the intake flange make sure the "cut" is a circular large diameter cut. The assured that milling machines in shops have a much finer cut and this would be the easiest way to tell if an intake has been cut.

Steve great minds think alike as I want to put a crossram on my 63 to get the WOW Max Wedge factor. I will have to wait until my funds get better. They sell a new crossram for the standard port wedge head's for about $1,400 just for the intake. Then I will need the carbs and linkage !! Ron

Steve great minds think alike as I want to put a crossram on my 63 to get the WOW Max Wedge factor. I will have to wait until my funds get better. They sell a new crossram for the standard port wedge head's for about $1,400 just for the intake. Then I will need the carbs and linkage !! Ron

I can't wait to have these 2 cars side by side for pictures next year at Carlisle, it's going to make for an awesome shot (or shots). Not sure if I will have the 2 4's next year but the good thing about a wedge, the intake is only $1400 where the ones I have seen are $2700 for the Hemi. Then the rest is the same, carbs, linkage, etc. Only 9 1/2 months to go! :grin:

Hey runner: The one i saw was $1500 . It had a single four top plate on it and i can't remember whose name. Said he ran that very manifold in some of the early nascar races. The guy who had it was from florida.

I put a A&A on mine for the original look, plus I heard that the MP ones are hard to seal.

004-1.jpg

Gene, any divability issues?

I wish it was driveable so I could tell you. The way you see it is the way it sits. The engine builder (FHO) said it should perform very well on the street. Plus it made 660Hp and 620TQ on pump gas.

Auto Transport Service
Back