• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for JJ-1 XS29 1968 Charger R/T

friendofvirgil

Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for this car with NE Indiana origins. It has been titled as an XP29 but is a 'real deal' XS29. This is a JJ-1 Medium Gold Poly 440 4-speed, Trac-Pac car. The picture is how it looked in the mid-80's. The car was sold to someone in Ohio and last seen by me at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus in 1986 or 1987. At the time, it had an obvious lower driver side door repair, the passenger front bucket seat did not have a headrest, no console and was equipped with a Mr. Gasket Verti-Gate Shifter. The rear window sticker read "Warsaw Street Racers Association Keep On Draggin". Any connections leading to a sale of this car to me will be fairly rewarded. If the owner refuses to sell, that person should still contact me for original items of value associated with the car.
IMG_4417.JPG

It's been another year of passively looking for this car here and through other means and I'm still looking. I pulled it out of a junkyard in Sydney, Indiana in 1978 when I was 15 and it had already had a hard life and was missing the drive train. Sold on a bill of sale, I was not wise to getting the registration paperwork completed and spent all my money getting it looking like the picture above before finding out it had a huge bank lien on it.

I have no regrets for selling this car trying to put together enough money for my first year of college tuition. (Obviously, I went to a public university!) In the last year, I did find the guy I sold it to through Facebook and he accepted my friend request. BUUUTT....he's now into bicycling, Japanese designed and manufactured import hybrid cars, organic vegan diet and planet saving and has ignored my requests asking him to look for an old registration receipt or insurance policy record. I've even offered some compensation for his time. Crickets.

My worst nightmare is that this JJ-1 XS29 has been Foosified into some unrecognizable, custom-painted and graphic-ed, bumper-tucked, flush-glassed, vent window-deleted, shaved door-handled, 22" wheeled, carbon-fibered, Gen III Mexican hemi-powered, SEMA show resto mod. Yeay.

Even if this car will never be for sale, I still have items of value to the current owner that verify it's a real XS29.

It's been another year of passively looking for this car here and through other means and I'm still looking. I pulled it out of a junkyard in Sydney, Indiana in 1978 when I was 15 and it had already had a hard life and was missing the drive train. Sold on a bill of sale, I was not wise to getting the registration paperwork completed and spent all my money getting it looking like the picture above before finding out it had a huge bank lien on it.

I have no regrets for selling this car trying to put together enough money for my first year of college tuition. (Obviously, I went to a public university!) In the last year, I did find the guy I sold it to through Facebook and he accepted my friend request. BUUUTT....he's now into bicycling, Japanese designed and manufactured import hybrid cars, organic vegan diet and planet saving and has ignored my requests asking him to look for an old registration receipt or insurance policy record. I've even offered some compensation for his time. Crickets.

My worst nightmare is that this JJ-1 XS29 has been Foosified into some unrecognizable, custom-painted and graphic-ed, bumper-tucked, flush-glassed, vent window-deleted, shaved door-handled, 22" wheeled, carbon-fibered, Gen III Mexican hemi-powered, SEMA show resto mod. Yeay.

Even if this car will never be for sale, I still have items of value to the current owner that verify it's a real XS29.
Another year or close, so resurrecting this slim chance of a thread. I'm unable to come up with a complete XP29 VIN that it might still be registered with. Guess I'm not looking hard enough.

Auto Transport Service
Back