• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Master Brake Cylinder Recommendation 1968 Coronet RT

Mory

Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
Original Master Cylinder failed and has some pitting in the cylinder. Looking for recommendation for replacement. Lots of different aftermarket brands and I want to ensure I install the right one. I saw an option to send my old for sleeving but very pricey.

Thx
Morey

It would help to know what your current brake system consists of. 4 wheel drum, power 4 wheel drum, power front disc's rear drum???

It would help to know what your current brake system consists of. 4 wheel drum, power 4 wheel drum, power front disc's rear drum???
Sorry about that. 4 drum brakes original - current master cylinder is the 2880809. 1968 Coronet RT

Yes - mine is 11" 4 wheel drum. Looks like several aftermarket - looking for recommendation. I see some on Ebay that are clones but dont know if any good.

Thank you

I just put one identical to the one I posted on a 67 Satellite with no issues. I bought mine at O'Reilly's for a little more than this one. It should be a 1" bore master cylinder.

Jerry
Thanks for the info. I'll go Oreillys - Looks like brake best NMC11373M

Rgds
Mory

Hello Jerry,

Quick question, I found a matching aftermarket Master Cylinder on Ebay and is has the same piston limiting screw on the side between the pistons. The MC looks exactly like my original having the 1" piston. I was installing the push rod and noticed the piston does not as the inside relief for the rubber bushing. Will that cause and issue or will the push rod stay in place between brake pedal and mounted master cylinder. I seem to recall years ago I changed the MC in my 63 Sport Fury and it had no push rod bushing.

Thanks in advance,
Mory

Auto Transport Service
Back