• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For Mopars For Mopar Magazine Car Features

69bronzeT5

Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm the associate editor for an online Mopar magazine called "Mopar Connection". I do mainly news and car feature articles; both restored cars and ones people have found sitting. I'm looking for some Mopars to do car feature articles on. I'm open to everything whether it be 100% OE spec restored or pro-touring and everything in between. Regardless if your car has a 318 or a Hemi, I'm interested in everything! If you'd be interested, please shoot me a PM and we can go from there. I do ask a few things though to qualify for a feature article.

-You must have good quality photos of your car- at least 1000x600 in size preferably. Facebook quality photos won't do. You'll see the type of pictures I'm looking for in the articles below :)
-Information on your car- the more info the better! Most feature articles are around 1000-1500 words. I've had guys want their cars featured and then send me two sentences of information and that's it. That won't work.

Here's some examples of work I've done:
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/when-classic-meets-modern-barnabas-kriss-1970-plymouth-cuda-srt8/
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/...c-barnabas-kriss-1970-dodge-challenger-rt-se/
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/stung-twice-marc-alexanders-1971-dodge-charger-super-bee/

If you're interested, please let me know!

Cheers,
Cody

Hi Cody,
There should be no shortage of great material here for you!
Cheers!

Hi Cody, Been reading you articles,Good job ! I have met Kevin Shaw back when he worked with Randy Bolig at Mopar Muscle.Nice guy, Keep up the good work.

Hi Cody. So your looking for completed cars? Not works in progress?

You know Cody, one of the most common gripes on this forum is about how our hobby is dying. More and more of today's youngsters don't have much interest in our cars, and the fear is our hobby will die off as we do. I spend a lot of time talking to friends of my kids who are in their 20s and 30s, and what I keep hearing is the reason they aren't interested in old cars is the expense. The sky high prices of the past couple of decades have deterred many of the next generations from getting interested in 60s and 70s cars.

I think a large part of this influence stems from spectacles like Barrett Jackson and Mecum where we see cars selling in a bid crazy environment for much more than they are worth, but another influence is car magazines, print and online, that direct most of their content to cars that are way out of the reach of most people, either due to rarity, the cost of a full restoration, or the silly prices people pay for restomod conversions.

I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and spent countless hours reading car magazines, and back then there were never, ever, never ever, any articles on "How to Keep Your Car Looking Stock", or "Originality, All The Cool Kids Are Doing It!", or "How to Spend $50,000 To Make Your Car As Good As The Factory Made It". Nope. Every article I read dealt with how to make your car better than stock. How to make your car scream down the road for the least cost possible. How to get the most bang for your buck! They offered tips and insights to every little speed-obsessed teen on how to turn Mom's hand-me-down grocery getter into a chick magnet on Saturday night, and while the times have changed a lot of what gets folks interested in cars hasn't... except for how they are presented in car magazines.

Now we see endless articles on cars that have been meticulously returned to their least effective state and at tremendous costs, cars that have had so much invested in them that owners are afraid to drive them, and cars that have every high-end tech gizmo that any vendor can provide in return for promotional consideration. Where are the stories of Joe Blow using his brains and hands to milk another 100 HP out of Mom's old ride for less than the cost of a night out? They're gone, replaced by articles on how Joe Blow spent tens of thousands of dollars building a perfect car that may see the road five times a year. And folks wonder why there's dwindling interest in our cars.

So here's my suggestion. Stop writing articles about cars that most people can only dream about and start writing about cars that can be a reality for most people. That's what the magazines of the 60s and 70s focused on and that worked out pretty damn well for them.

A true idiot thinks that people that do high end restorations do not fuel the hobby. The high end cars seeking pristine restoration is what BOOMED the restoration revolution. Just because you cannot afford and have a bias towards these people is your own mental problem...

It is their money they make it and obviously you don't so shut the F up....

As far as kids go even if they could purchase one....How many can realistically work on them? What are you going to bitch about the cost of tools next? Maybe give them a fresh garage? Where does this end...

Go to school get a job and in time they can afford things....

Sooo.....when ever you disagree with something, your way of making it known is to pummel to the author of that post into submission with rudeness and hints of the posters mental state? Telling him to shut the f*ck up?
What your post says to me is that you lack the maturity to post a reasonable, well thought out rebuttal to what was very obviously a sincere evaluation of the hobby, versus the coverage of the hobby.
We would have all been better informed of your opinion if you had just said, I don't agree with that.
If anyone should shut the F*ck up, it would be you.

Sooo.....when ever you disagree with something, your way of making it known is to pummel to the author of that post into submission with rudeness and hints of the posters mental state? Telling him to shut the f*ck up?
What your post says to me is that you lack the maturity to post a reasonable, well thought out rebuttal to what was very obviously a sincere evaluation of the hobby, versus the coverage of the hobby.
We would have all been better informed of your opinion if you had just said, I don't agree with that.
If anyone should shut the F*ck up, it would be you.
That person in question has posted these ideals over and over again...Furthermore, he personally attacked me in relation to this towards my current restoration.....So yes I can and will over and over again when he trolls around passing this non sense...

For anyone to believe that the people restoring cars to perfection out of touch for them that they do not support the hobby. That is complete nonsense...The vendors, shows and reproduction parts started and continually improve because of them and it trickls down from there....

Bru is a douche and continually shows it constantly attacking people that have vs ones that dont....But WTH I work two jobs pay taxes and I dont need some troll personally attacking me and the ones that restore cars like me...So yes thats f up and that person can f off....

A true idiot thinks that people that do high end restorations do not fuel the hobby. The high end cars seeking pristine restoration is what BOOMED the restoration revolution. Just because you cannot afford and have a bias towards these people is your own mental problem...

It is their money they make it and obviously you don't so shut the F up....

As far as kids go even if they could purchase one....How many can realistically work on them? What are you going to bitch about the cost of tools next? Maybe give them a fresh garage? Where does this end...

Go to school get a job and in time they can afford things....
People who do high-end restorations are fueling the hobby... which is the problem. The hobby has become obsessed with high-end restorations, resto-mods, and over-priced "barn finds", which are all great cars but not the kind of cars that drive the interest of generations moving forward. Think back to when you were 16-20. Did you want to read about fantasy cars that you would likely never own, or about how you could make the cars you could get your hands on into your own fantasy car? If you're like most of the rest of us, you wanted the later of those stories, which magazines of the day offered up in abundance.

Car magazines could learn a lesson from women's magazines. These are the top sellers today, and what are they based on? Do they do endless feature articles on beautiful women who plain women can never hope to match up to? Hell no! They do features on how with a little brains and creativity a plain Jane can make the best of what she's got. They don't do endless features on how great you can look with $100,000 worth of plastic surgery, rather they do features on how great you can look with $100 worth of cosmetics. They do those articles because they are appealing to the reality most of their readers live in, not the dream world they don't.

And really... I doubt anyone ever told you when you were a teen to go to school, get a job, and make enough money to buy an expensive dream car. More likely they told you to save your pennies, get a good used car, and use these ideas to build it up, so get off your high horse. :)

People who do high-end restorations are fueling the hobby... which is the problem. The hobby has become obsessed with high-end restorations, resto-mods, and over-priced "barn finds", which are all great cars but not the kind of cars that drive the interest of generations moving forward. Think back to when you were 16-20. Did you want to read about fantasy cars that you would likely never own, or about how you could make the cars you could get your hands on into your own fantasy car? If you're like most of the rest of us, you wanted the later of those stories, which magazines of the day offered up in abundance.

Car magazines could learn a lesson from women's magazines. These are the top sellers today, and what are they based on? Do they do feature articles on beautiful women who plain women can never hope to match up to? Hell no! They do features on how with a little brains and creativity a plain Jane can make the best of what she's got. They don't do endless features on how great you can look with $100,000 worth of plastic surgery, rather they do features on how great you can look with $100 worth of cosmetics. They do those articles because they are appealing to the reality most of their readers live in, not the dream world they don't.

And really... I doubt anyone ever told you when you were a teen to go to school, get a job, and make enough money to buy an expensive dream car. More likely they told you to save your pennies, get a good used car, and use these ideas to build it up, so get off your high horse. :)
Wrong again Bru I was told in order to be able to get things you want be it house, car, family and hobby items then you WILL go to college and be a productive member of society....I had no choice, lol....Took every ounce and reaping the rewards....

The average hobbyist doesnt understand that without the shows, magazines, the high level restorations....the hobby in relation to Mopars would have faded away...Look at was Ma Mopar has done with the hobby ZERO interest...Can you buy a new HEMI block? The most iconic Mopar engine...lol

Crying that the have vs the have not is Snowflake mentality at best.....Tell me in the last year how much did you fuel the hobby? Not by long winded comments but actual money spent? Now compare this to a 100 restorations built to high level done yearly....Apples and oranges....

The key here is not the younger generation because they grew up in homes of non musclcar families and the world of OBI ports....The Key is for the market to provide high quality restoration parts because the ones now 99% suck....Crap, we cannot even get a sending unit that works.....

BTW the magazines doe their research and they know what sells.....How many subscriptions to mopar mag's do you have?

That person in question has posted these ideals over and over again...Furthermore, he personally attacked me in relation to this towards my current restoration.....So yes I can and will over and over again when he trolls around passing this non sense...

For anyone to believe that the people restoring cars to perfection out of touch for them that they do not support the hobby. That is complete nonsense...The vendors, shows and reproduction parts started and continually improve because of them and it trickls down from there....

Bru is a douche and continually shows it constantly attacking people that have vs ones that dont....But WTH I work two jobs pay taxes and I dont need some troll personally attacking me and the ones that restore cars like me...So yes thats f up and that person can f off....
What you obviously fail to grasp is there's a difference between what "you" want and what the rest of the World wants. :) It's great that you're very proud of your restoration effort, as are many others. The problem is, as many on this forum have echoed, is that our hobby is dying and they are concerned about its demise. The challenge is to identify the root causes of that demise and look for ways to mitigate them.

I just had this discussion on a thread put up by a member who works with Champion Cooling and who wants to do pieces on members' cars that have their products on them, and looking at the write-ups done so far, all the articles are about high-end restos, resto-mods, show cars, etc. There's nothing there to stimulate the interest of the folks who own drivers, have to work with limited budgets, are new to the hobby and are working on low-end project cars, etc., which are a large majority of people.

Also, the purpose of this string is to discuss cars that would make for interesting reading in an online magazine. You seem to think the best way to do that is glamorize restorations, which is pretty much what every car magazine does these days... and their readers are drying up or circulation going down. If you want people to read something, it needs to serve a purpose for them, and, in my opinion, the best purpose these magazines can serve today is the exact same purpose that served them so well 40-50 years ago, which is focus more on cars and efforts that most readers can relate to instead of focusing on cars they can only dream about. Pretty simple concept once you take your ego out of the equation. :)

What you obviously fail to grasp is there's a difference between what "you" want and what the rest of the World wants. :) It's great that you're very proud of your restoration effort, as are many others. The problem is, as many on this forum have echoed, is that our hobby is dying and they are concerned about its demise. The challenge is to identify the root causes of that demise and look for ways to mitigate them.

I just had this discussion on a thread put up by a member who works with Champion Cooling and who wants to do pieces on members' cars that have their products on them, and looking at the write-ups done so far, all the articles are about high-end restos, resto-mods, show cars, etc. There's nothing there to stimulate the interest of the folks who own drivers, have to work with limited budgets, are new to the hobby and are working on low-end project cars, etc., which are a large majority of people.

Also, the purpose of this string is to discuss cars that would make for interesting reading in an online magazine. You seem to think the best way to do that is glamorize restorations, which is pretty much what every car magazine does these days... and their readers are drying up or circulation going down. If you want people to read something, it needs to serve a purpose for them, and, in my opinion, the best purpose these magazines can serve today is the exact same purpose that served them so well 40-50 years ago, which is focus more on cars and efforts that most readers can relate to instead of focusing on cars they can only dream about. Pretty simple concept once you take your ego out of the equation. :)
Where does your complaints end....the reproduction parts are too high cost....the oil costs too much...the mechanic costs too much? It is a hobby one either can afford it or not it is a privilege and not a right....

Your condescending statements cracking at people whom restore these cars needs to stop...There is always a better approach...

I have owned daily drivers, beaters, and restored cars...You make assumptions based on zero fact of knowing a person..Which is another issue I have with you....I build MY cars the way I want MY cars to be and I do not need some Troll butthurt because of their own life problems cracking on me and others whom do these types.....It is wrong and unwarranted...Again, it is not your money?

I know you will never get it nor have any respect for the guys that build nice cars but without them through the years Mopar hobby would be around but not like what it is today....

I never exhorted any ego...again another assumption...My car is no better than the guy beside me...If the judges think differently well thats on them...I enjoy all types of restorations and have had all types. So I am not sure why you think I dont relate....Furthermore, I have helped more individuals than you would ever be able to in your lifetime...From discount parts, free, parts, hands on help, etc.....Does that make me better than anyone, NO WAY....but shows that your characterature your trying to pass off is completely FALSE in relation to people that builds a certain type of car...

Wrong again Bru I was told in order to be able to get things you want be it house, car, family and hobby items then you WILL go to college and be a productive member of society....I had no choice, lol....Took every ounce and reaping the rewards....

The average hobbyist doesnt understand that without the shows, magazines, the high level restorations....the hobby in relation to Mopars would have faded away...Look at was Ma Mopar has done with the hobby ZERO interest...Can you buy a new HEMI block? The most iconic Mopar engine...lol

Crying that the have vs the have not is Snowflake mentality at best.....Tell me in the last year how much did you fuel the hobby? Not by long winded comments but actual money spent? Now compare this to a 100 restorations built to high level done yearly....Apples and oranges....

The key here is not the younger generation because they grew up in homes of non musclcar families and the world of OBI ports....The Key is for the market to provide high quality restoration parts because the ones now 99% suck....Crap, we cannot even get a sending unit that works.....

BTW the magazines doe their research and they know what sells.....How many subscriptions to mopar mag's do you have?
I am thrilled to say I've spent virtually ZERO dollars. To the contrary, I take my car to shows and get tremendous attention by informing visitors of how much I didn't spend. We do one local show every month, and usually one or two area shows as well, and at every one we always get more attention than the perfectly-restored cars that look like they just drove off the dealers lot. And we get that attention because we aren't wagging our tongues about how we spent $60k on a resto or $40k on a new Hemi swap, but because we're telling people how we went from a 360 to a 440 and made money on the effort, how we got a new high-end transmission for free, how we got all the paint and body done for less than what most folks pay for body work. That's of far more interest to most folks than spending a ton of money. Hell, that's easy! Figuring out how to get where you want to go without spending money is hard, which is why so many folks are interested. :)

We improve the hobby because we focus on the strategies that worked for us in the 70s and 80s. No one wanted a stock car then, and we didn't have the money to pay a shop $$$$ to do the work, or pay vendors $$$$$ for parts, or spend $$$$$$ on fancy after-market parts. Nope. We relied on swapping parts, horse trading, swiping Dad's drills to bevel and smooth out intakes, etc. Not many car magazines these days teach these lessons anymore. Just like with TV shows, they think showing people what they can do after spending $$$$$ is useful information, and it definitely is for some, but not useful to most people, which is why readership has been steadily declining.

I am thrilled to say I've spent virtually ZERO dollars. To the contrary, I take my car to shows and get tremendous attention by informing visitors of how much I didn't spend. We do one local show every month, and usually one or two area shows as well, and at every one we always get more attention than the perfectly-restored cars that look like they just drove off the dealers lot. And we get that attention because we aren't wagging our tongues about how we spent $60k on a resto or $40k on a new Hemi swap, but because we're telling people how we went from a 360 to .
Those two statements above confirms my earlier points......You want the hobby to improve and provide things at a lesser cost but you spent ZERO dollars....So in reality are you a part of the hobby or just an owner of a car?

The second statement is an assumption based on a bias....Just because the guy is happy with his nice restoration you automatically assume to write it off because of assumptions to make your self feel superior...That is jacked up...Maybe if you take the time to get to know that guy he could be your next best friend and provide cheap or free parts....It is a mentality as above that brings the hobby down IMHO.....

Plus Mr hobby supporter you claim to be. You have been here since 2012 and not even Gold yet? ........Why not even support the hobby here for only .11 cents per day....that's dirt cheap access....and allows for improvements/upgrades to this wonderful forum...

Last edited:
LOL

w02k3c.jpg

I remember when boats were only for guys with money, cars are the new boats

If the hobby dies eventually it’ll be because of parents letting kids sit in front of video games all day and stay in their safe place, Not because of prices of this or that. My 6 year old nephew for example doesn’t own a video game console and insists on riding his bike up and down the driveway come rain snow or shine, he puts his 24v truck up on the bike lift to do oil changes, rotate the tires and change the batteries. He “tunes up” his 4 wheeler by his self which usually consists of shaking it around and whacking it with a plastic hammer a few times. First time I took him for a ride in my coronet and we did a whole shot he Had the biggest smile I ever seen and said “now that’s what I call a car!” When me and his father are wrenching on the coronet or a customers car he is always outside with us, usually in the way and when you ask him to move he says well I just wanna be a good worker like you. He constantly badgers his dad about fixing up his IH Scout. These are the kids that will keep the hobby alive. They’re few and far between but they’re out there. I don’t know I feel that the extent the car is restored is up to each individuals taste, ive had people say that I ruined my car by not installing the original interior back in, my response it’s my car and my money I’ll do what I want. These same people usually drive a Prius and sit in their house playing xbox every night and have yet to feel the warmth of a woman lmao. Anyway just thought I’d throw my opinion out here.

Bo

B9B5D6AD-A29A-4CA6-99C4-64E255ED2178.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back