• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for pics/measurements of Center console Brackets placement 64 Fury

sixtiesmuscle

Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
I have the brackets, Just looking for good close up pics or measurements from any of the factory known dimples, markings or anything that can be used for accurate bracket placement. car did not have Buckets/console originally....

Hi Earl. I have the console out of my Polara right now, so I will get pictures and measurements for you tomorrow.
Dave

Hi Earl. Here are pictures of my brackets. Do you have the floor reinforcement plates that the factory welded to the floor near the trans tunnel for bucket seat cars? These prevented the inner bucket seat bolt holes from ripping through the floor pan. These also located the inner seat holes. Using this seat hole location as a reference , the bolt hole on the rearmost bracket is 6 1/2" to the rear of it. The distance between the rear bracket bolt hole to the middle one is 12 1/2". The distance between the middle bracket bolt hole to the front one is 14". I have replaced the front floor pan in my car, so all the brackets were off it at one time. when it came time to remount the brackets, I bolted them inside my empty console. I had already drilled a hole in the center of each bracket where it would contact the floor pan. I then laid the console onto the floor, where it fit best, and ran a self-tapping screw through the drilled hole to attach the brackets in the correct relationship. The console was then unbolted from the brackets, and they were finish welded to the floor. I hope this helps.

P4190011.JPG P4190012.JPG P4190013.JPG

you need to attach the brackets to the console...... then put the console where you want it, and it sits level side to side..... tack the brackets where they fall

Earl I don't know if this helps or not due to how far away I took the pics but I'll post anyway.
20210717_134305.jpg
20210718_173229.jpg

Earl I don't know if this helps or not due to how far away I took the pics but I'll post anyway. View attachment 1272616 View attachment 1272617
Mr Moore,
Thanks for this picture, I'm getting ready to need a shifter in place to install Tranny, and start moving the car around.....Your pics seem to show a kind of tab on the back of the middle bracket. Mine doesnt have that, nor does Dave T64's but I've dseen it referenced in a drawing and I saw it under shifter in this photo.... Did the shifter actually bolt to that Bracket on the back ??

312141840_10227087991646315_4891974670545440569_n.jpg

Mr Moore,
Thanks for this picture, I'm getting ready to need a shifter in place to install Tranny, and start moving the car around.....Your pics seem to show a kind of tab on the back of the middle bracket. Mine doesnt have that, nor does Dave T64's but I've dseen it referenced in a drawing and I saw it under shifter in this photo.... Did the shifter actually bolt to that Bracket on the back
Earl I don't know if this helps or not due to how far away I took the pics but I'll post anyway. View attachment 1272616 View attachment 1272617
This is a drwaing I found that also shows tha bracket...

1965_cable_shift_console.jpg

The shifter bolts into the chrome console body, not to a floor bracket.

Dave beat me to it

I am not that computer savvy....circle which tab you are referring to please.

20210717_134305 (1).jpg

Gentleman that is what a pristine floor pan looks like in a 64 Plymouth. And in a 58 year old convertible no less.

I think the tab you are asking about is just part of the console mounting?

Sound deadner passenger side. That stuff is thick!

20210717_134317.jpg

I thought that was the one you were talking about. Apparently I did not have to use that bracket it was pushed down when I took the console off but I was not the 1st one to remove that console.

Here is another set of measurements taken from the rear tunnel seam to the front bracket. Overall length is 41.5". From a 64 Sport Fury project car.
64 Console Dim 1.jpg
64 Console Dim 2.jpg
64 Console Dim 3.jpg

Here you go. Have never seen the bracket in the diagram and have parted a few over the years. I also took another picture from a 65 Satellite. I think what you circled in the orange car photo is the wiring for reverse lights or something, I don't recall. I took a picture of a spare handle I had lying around.
64 Console 3.jpg
64 Console 4.jpg
64 Console 5.jpg

My car does not have that additional small bracket. I have never seen it before. Is it a 1965 thing?

Its very possible that the rear bracket was added later to help support shifter more than just the 4 bolts from the top into console.... either way, I dont have it so I'm going to just fab a tab to mount the rear of the shifter too so its bolted to floor and the console....

Auto Transport Service
Back