• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for pictures of 1974 400 belt/pulley setups

SureGrip

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 1974 RR and it has a 400 in it, but has no engine brackets or pulleys.

I'm trying to source all of the brackets and pulleys that I need for a correct set-up for an engine with power steering. I'll be adding AC later, so I know that will be different, but for now, I just need a factory set-up with PS.

So far, I have the 4-groove crank pulley, but that's it. I've seen close to a dozen, if not more, configurations which are 'correct'.

I'm hoping someone here can post pictures of the set up they used.

Thanks in advance!

440 source sells the entire front end kit. Give them a call.
Thank you!

I've looked at Bouchillon too, and while I can buy a whole kit (which I may end up needing), I DO have a pile of pulleys that I've collected over the last 20 years, so I MAY have what I need, but I'm hoping to see a few pictures to compare to what I have and figure out if what I need to buy.

I cant remember if this is a 73 or 4. Its a 400 with a/c from a C body Newport I believe.... Anyway, the two inside grooves are running the Alternator and a/c with idler. The furthest outside groove runs the fan pulley and the power steering pump (which is missing on this one). Let me know if I can get you a closer look if this helps. HTH, Lefty71

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG

I DO have a pile of pulleys that I've collected over the last 20 years, so I MAY have what I need,

Don't you love that??? Once you've taken a couple pulleys off a couple motors, its like throwing all your jigsaw puzzle pieces in one box lol

I think the only real difference between what im showing and what you are asking (no a/c) is going to be a different fan pulley and the dual shorter belts for the alt???

Auto Transport Service
Back