• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For Reolacement Rear Window Gasket/Rubber...

cr8crshr

Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
For a '70 Plymouth RR. Coming up short in my search for a Friend looking to replace the rear glass with a new one. Do not know if he has the Butyl Tape type or an actual rubber one. I am wondering, after many hits but no rubber turning up other than '69 RR. So my question is are they the same and will it work on a '70 RR. The guy is disparate. Thanks in advance...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
I don’t think there is a gasket, just butyl tape.

For a '70 Plymouth RR. Coming up short in my search for a Friend looking to replace the rear glass with a new one. Do not know if he has the Butyl Tape type or an actual rubber one. I am wondering, after many hits but no rubber turning up other than '69 RR. So my question is are they the same and will it work on a '70 RR. The guy is disparate. Thanks in advance...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
68-70 and probably on up used the tape. No gaskets on the rear. 67 was the last year for a gasket on the rear glass.

And don’t forget to seal the trim screws first.

Auto Transport Service
Back