• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for small leaf blower.....for small jobs and keeping the shop half way clean.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
Man, thought I found a Stihl for 109 but that was just for the 'tool'. The battery alone is 130 then a charger is 55 plus it doesn't look all that small to me. Not wanting to spend 300 bucks to blow out the shop from time to time. Anyone have a battery blower they use for light duty stuff and have a good review for it?

Recently I have started converting a lot of my batter powered "outdoor type tools" to ryobi. They have the ryobi one system where alot of the attachments work with a variety of things, and all batteries are the same (I know a lot of companies have went to that) but the ability to use the same "power" head for a few things and just adding the ends is pretty slick. I have the weed whacker, and then the powered pole saw as well as a few others that all operate off one system.

Here is the one I have but this is the tool only. I have had one of these for over 15 years and have a lot of other "one-+" tools to go with it.
Home Depot will have the batteries on sale during the holiday times like July 4 coming up. Batteries usually run about $50 bucks each regular price.
I still have the original battery but have bought more as I got more tools to go with this system.

When I moved in, I was looking for the same. I wound up getting a package deal on a blower & weed whacker for $130. This is the blower unit that I got. I wish it had more battery time for my usage, but for you would fit the bill. $80 clams at Homeless Depot.
I noticed the Roybi above doesn't come with batt. or charger! Good Luck

Man, thought I found a Stihl for 109 but that was just for the 'tool'. The battery alone is 130 then a charger is 55 plus it doesn't look all that small to me. Not wanting to spend 300 bucks to blow out the shop from time to time. Anyone have a battery blower they use for light duty stuff and have a good review for it?
All my cordless are Worx. I have added a lot of handy tools and they have "tool only" available for all. I see now they are branching out into drills, saws and the like. All still use the same 20v battery. Bonus.

If you buy a used blower make sure you can buy a new battery for it. If you buy a battery you can buy equivalent battery that isn't the same brand as blower for much less. Maybe 40% less.

My Ryobi works great for the garage and other stuff. I have gas Stihl blower the works great.

I've had this one for three years. Use it for blowing light snow, grass off the sidewalks, leaves in the fall, blowing out the garage, blow drying the motorcycle after washing ect. Had the original green fan blades explode. Replaced it with the orange one, (found it on Amazon cheap) and haven't had a problem since. I believe all the new ones come with the orange one now.
Screenshot_20220601-125245_Chrome.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...th-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-P2180/206451819

Last edited:
If you buy a used blower make sure you can buy a new battery for it. If you buy a battery you can buy equivalent battery that isn't the same brand as blower for much less. Maybe 40% less.
Went to several pawn shops looking for one but none had any. In fact, they all were lacking in tools like that.

My Ryobi works great for the garage and other stuff. I have gas Stihl blower the works great.
Have a 25+ year old Stihl weed eater. Had to replace the throttle cable on it a couple years ago is all. My blower is an Echo and it's at least that old too. Haven't had to do anything to it but it doesn't run as good as it used to after my brother in law got done with it. That guy will mess up a wet dream!

Here is the one I have but this is the tool only. I have had one of these for over 15 years and have a lot of other "one-+" tools to go with it.
Home Depot will have the batteries on sale during the holiday times like July 4 coming up. Batteries usually run about $50 bucks each regular price.
I still have the original battery but have bought more as I got more tools to go with this system.

Well, bought it along with a weed eater 2 batteries and a single port charger for 225. The battery weed eater will be helpful for keeping the front looking good. I'll be more prone to getting it out more often than I do with the gas rig. Free delivery Saturday and can't wait to blow out the shop. It's full of leaves! Already got most of the yard equipment out of the way and in the storage trailer.

Cranky be like..................

View attachment 1292640
Already suffer from dizziness without doing that mess! Probably couldn't hang on anyways lol

Cranky, if you have any battery tools now see if you can find a matching leaf blower. Used mabey C list or fart book.

Well, bought it along with a weed eater 2 batteries and a single port charger for 225. The battery weed eater will be helpful for keeping the front looking good. I'll be more prone to getting it out more often than I do with the gas rig. Free delivery Saturday and can't wait to blow out the shop. It's full of leaves! Already got most of the yard equipment out of the way and in the storage trailer.

Already suffer from dizziness without doing that mess! Probably couldn't hang on anyways lol
Worx blower with battery and fast charger. $120 through Target. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...w=1366&bih=625&dpr=1#spd=15985660586967127366

Cranky, if you have any battery tools now see if you can find a matching leaf blower. Used mabey C list or fart book.
Nope....had a small battery blower and trimmer before the divorce but the X said it was hers. Knowing her, she gave it to her daughter. That's where the top of the line Makita miter saw went that I used to do all the trim when I had the house remodeled and ended up doing a lot of the work myself and don't think she ever used it once. She also figured that I didn't need a freezer anymore and wanted to give that to her daughter too but told her that I was using it and she could have it when I die. :D Actually, her daughter and I get along fine these days.

Eh....too late now.

Last edited:
Nope
I have a 25 year old Black & Decker 230mph 2 speed blower/vacuum
I lost or wore out all the vacuum stuff 2 moves ago probably
it's caveman tech, 110vlt still have a cord
but it still works great, cords a PITA at times, but it always works too

Looks like I could have saved 25 bucks but I did get an extra battery and they are 4ah so I think I did ok.
Nope
I have a 25 year old Black & Decker 230mph 2 speed blower/vacuum
I lost or wore out all the vacuum stuff 2 moves ago probably
it's caveman tech, 110vlt still have a cord
but it still works great, cords a PITA at times, but it always works too
Tired of dragging a corded blower all over the shop and it getting snagged on anything and everything. Still have an ancient WeedEater brand corded blower that I've had to fix the plug on.....probably from it getting the extension cord snatched out of it so often lol

Go with the Milwaukee battery powered M18 one. Their little vacuum is handy too but it uses an M12.

Already pulled the trigger......post #12. Have a Milwaukee Sawzall. It's corded but it's the best power tool I've ever purchased!

I also have a corded Milwaukee Sawzall that I used in my framing business 30 years ago and still works great. I just went with Ryobi from HD because I liked all the other tools you could get in the One-+ line. Battery tools have come along way in the last 20 years or so. Like I said prior, that I still have my original batteries and they still work fine and relatively cheap when you can get them on sale. HD will sell them 2 for the price of one during holiday sales. Just recently bought the pole chain saw attachment for my weed eater and works great. I even bought an extra blower because I like mine so much and wanted to have in case they got discontinued.

Auto Transport Service
Back