• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for some advice Tach & Vacuum placement

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
Been fiddling around where to place my Tach & Vacuum Performance indicator.... Temporally Placed tach on steering column.I might have to move oil & water gauges......looking for some ideas...thanks

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 287
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 247
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 285
  • $(KGrHqJ,!g4E45mgZjy4BOZtdCwHPw~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqJ,!g4E45mgZjy4BOZtdCwHPw~~60_12.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 268
Mine is on the steering column but I made a custom billet aluminum bracket for it.

DSC01381 (Small).JPGDSC01382 (Small).JPG

I would think either would fit on top of your console, though you have have to drill / cut the right openings in the forward top plate if you were so inclined. You'd have to move your oil / water gauge though.

I have a question about your radio. I have a 66 Satellite and I'd like to have something other than FM. Did you have to cut part of you dash to get it to fit? My dash has a bar between the radio and push buttons, making finding an aftermarket replacement pretty difficult.

Thanks,

I would think either would fit on top of your console, though you have have to drill / cut the right openings in the forward top plate if you were so inclined. You'd have to move your oil / water gauge though.

I have a question about your radio. I have a 66 Satellite and I'd like to have something other than FM. Did you have to cut part of you dash to get it to fit? My dash has a bar between the radio and push buttons, making finding an aftermarket replacement pretty difficult.

Thanks,

Radio now in the dash is a late model FM/AM JVC cassette.....I have the original radio.... No, I didn't have to cut dash....

the Mopar vacuum gauge is designed to mount to top of console plate, however, it looks like the mounting stud that has the threads & nut have been broken off.

Bryan

Mine is on the steering column but I made a custom billet aluminum bracket for it.

Looks Great.......I still Have a Bracket from the Late 60's......Not sure if vacuum indicator is needed?

Thanks.

You don't need the vacuum gauge but it is a handy indicator to help keep your foot out of it. If you want to unclutter the interior you can leave the vac gauge and the oil pressure out. Just make sure you have a good working oil pressure switch and perhaps find one that is set to a slightly higher PSI level. The reality is oil pressure stays very constant as long as you have oil. By now you probably know exactly what it is at idle and going down the road both hot and cold. Temp on the other hand is much more dynamic and I think needs a good indicator.

Auto Transport Service
Back