• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for the number of cars built with the vin rs27l9g

elvisp.02

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im here looking for help. Me and my dad have been trying to find out how many cars that were built and still exist with the vin RS27L9G. My dad just so happens to have a car with the vin RS27L9G128089 and we still have the matchin number block, trans and rear end. It is a 1969 Plymouth GTX convertible, 440 Engine, 4 speed and dana 60 4.10 rear end. It now has a 426 hemi thats stroked and bored to 487 cui fitted with a supercharger making 921 rear Wheel horsepower. We have been searching around a lot but cant find any other numbers than 700 something convertibles made that year. Hoping some of you guys have more info! Sorry for not having perfect English, Im from sweden!

gtx cab.jpg hemi .jpg

My info says RS27L9G four speed cars numbered 178 for U.S. consumption.
Ok thank you. I do know that the car was sold in the states and my dad had Contact with the original owner but he sadly past away. I belive it was yellow with a black top. Do you know how many was produced with that exakt option, 440, dana 60 4.10, 4 speed and convertible? Not only the ones sold in the US but overall production of that spec.

That is all I have. I can't break it down any further. All 440 four speed cars had danas, but they came with either 3.54 or 4.10, depending on what was ordered.

Ok thank you. I do know that the car was sold in the states and my dad had Contact with the original owner but he sadly past away. I belive it was yellow with a black top. Do you know how many was produced with that exakt option, 440, dana 60 4.10, 4 speed and convertible? Not only the ones sold in the US but overall production of that spec.

the Options and Accessories Reports give us various breakdowns for certain options or combinations. The report only accounts for cars shipped for sale in the US. Data for cars sold in Canada or export are not included. The numbers are not exact but an appropriate number.

About 36 cars came with the A34 four speed 4:10 gear option. Another part of the report shows 33 440 four speed 4:10 set up. So, a reasonable estimate of RS27L9G cars with four speed and 4:10 gears sold in the US is about 35.

There is no way to know how many of these cars still exist.

Last edited:
the Options and Accessories Reports give us various breakdowns for certain options or combinations. The report only accounts for cars shipped for sale in the US. Data for cars sold in Canada or export are not included. The numbers are not exact but an appropriate number.

About 36 cars came with the A34 four speed 4:10 gear option. Another part of the report shows 33 440 four speed 4:10 set up. So, a reasonable estimate of RS27L9G cars with four speed and 4:10 gears sold in the US is about 35.

There is no way to know how many of these cars still exist.
Thanks a lot!

Auto Transport Service
Back