• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for wheels

63hemipolara

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking of possibly going even more nostalgia with the car with some Super Stock style wheels I have seen occaisonally. I believe they are Radir? wheels, like an 11 spoke?

Anyone out there have any photos of these wheels?

Well put it this way, with the rarity of the wheels I would want your votes count because I will have the current wheels for a long, long time. BUT if the wheels I'm looking for come up at a price I can't refuse then I might consider the change. With the compliments I'm receiving with the dog dishes on the carat EVERY show I go to I think that look is one that I really enjoy.

I think I know the wheels but I dont believe I have any pics of them. :confused: Ron

Back when I had my 63 Belvedere, I was planning on buying Torq Thrust D's. For some reason, they just look right on those cars.

I was thinking of possibly going even more nostalgia with the car with some Super Stock style wheels I have seen occaisonally. I believe they are Radir? wheels, like an 11 spoke?

Anyone out there have any photos of these wheels?

I don't recognize the name of the wheels you are talking about.

As I stated in your other post on the subject the vast majority of guys that had cars like yours back when they were new were running aftermarket mags.

The popular brands of the day were:
Ansen
Hurst
Cragar
Keystone
and several others that slip my mind right now.
These are the company names of which there were many models of wheels offered by each manufacturer..

Of the two Mopar CARS that I currently own I have 4 sets of wheels and tires and would have more if I had the extra storage room. It is nice to have a change of pace from time to time. Wheels are the single most item that can dramtically change a cars appearence in the time it takes to switch them.

MAybe they are Ansen wheels, I believe they are an 11 spoke wheel that were very popular to run on the fronts....

Low and behold they are the ones sitting on top of this wall!!!

wheels

I thought those 12 spokes were spindle mount, usually seen on old alturds? how would You mount them?

I thought those 12 spokes were spindle mount, usually seen on old alturds? how would You mount them?

Yup, aaqar2 nailed it. The rims I like are made by American Racing and are spindle mount made for A/FX cars. I guess I saw an AFXer in a magazine and said I'd love those wheels on my ride but I won't put a solid axle on my 63.
I know I have a set of 81 Cordoba wheels that kind of emulate these wheels, I may see what they look like on the car, onward and upward as they say.

If your pockets are deep you could probably get someone to mill up a pair of those that weren't spindle mount

just a thought

Ahhhh, to have limitless resources..... not my story right now, what were those loto numbers again???

With Halibrand back up and producing wheels again, look at their offferings..

http://www.halibrand.com/index_frames.htm

THANK YOU. That is one of the major manufactures I could not think of. They were expensive wheels in their day.

As far as the spindle mounted wheels they MAY have offered an adaptor plate that fits the wheel bolt pattern as they do for Corvette knock off wheels.

Funny after looking at the Team 3 (thank you 64plysprtsfury) don't these look REALLY close, and I have a set of these hanging around.

80cordoba1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back