• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for Window channel felt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP68charger

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Where can I find these?
68 Dodge Charger
9AAA30D1-FB34-49DA-971C-9D48B611D7E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Well depending on the car? And year????

That piece is pretty hard to find right now. There was a batch of poor quality reproductions that we were modifying to work. Those are gone now. There is talk that Year One has a new version in the works, but it is not the best either.

I have been looking for those same pieces for a couple months now....does it look like any of those rock auto versions will work? I don’t see how they could even with modifications, but would love to find out if someone has ideas......getting tired of waiting and just want to put my windows back together!

One man can only do so much so fast with the hours that make up a day... :rolleyes:

I got a pair of NOS not long ago. Pricey! But the new repos aren't available just yet and needed to move along with the project. ruffcut Good Hunting!

Another place to look is DMT. Don't know about the quality of their cat whiskers but I've been happy with other items I've purchased from them. https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/beltline-weatherstrips-cat-whiskers/
They have been out of the repops for quite awhile as well. Jim is the one who told me Year One is working on another run of them. He also told me that YO wanted his opinion on the finished product. He said that DMT will not sell the ones YO is going to make because the quality isn't there....

Might,,,might,,,,,might have a couple or so sets in the near future. OEM so they will fit. Anyone interested PM me when you can, and I'll see when more info is available and when they may show. Sorry for the price, but with zero supply and seems alot of demand, $250 per set. First come, first serve. NO guarantees on availability.

Might,,,might,,,,,might have a couple or so sets in the near future. OEM so they will fit. Anyone interested PM me when you can, and I'll see when more info is available and when they may show. Sorry for the price, but with zero supply and seems alot of demand, $250 per set. First come, first serve. NO guarantees on availability.
I bought all that Andy Bernbaum had NOS. I may have one extra set left et. Original blue and white wrappers and very nice. I don't think they include the clips but have never opened them. Shoot an offer. I saw a pair on FB Mplace for 600.00. I am not that proud of mine for sure.

just got a pair with H clips & shipping for $110.00 for a 68 barracuda at MRMOPARTS they have for many body styles

Thats good to know. Have you installed them? If so, how is the fit? I may be getting some repo's.

I had my Chrysler rep check today to see if there was any updates on the mylar channel runs in the system as you can view dealer inventory lots, open purchase orders, projected build date, shipping dates, etc. As of April 1st, they were officially denoted as "Discontinued". From my years of being around the factory parts availability, once they reach the status of being Discontinued, the never come back into existence from the OE.

The reproductions that Mr Moparts / SWR is the same that everyone else has been selling. I am shocked that they still have any in inventory, so if they do, I would suggest grabbing them. You can make them work with a little time and effort.

Thats good to know. Have you installed them? If so, how is the fit? I may be getting some repo's.
yes i have They can be a pain They fit really tight. Do your self a favor & spray glass cleaner in the channel & on the felt to lube them. Be careful they rip easy. I bought them before at classic ind & at my local dodge dealership. They all seam to be the same. Never got them from MRMOPARTS. We will see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back