• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like I made the funny papers fellers

MOPOWER871

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Chrysler Power Magazines is running a little spread on my 67 GTX. It's about the day I made a two hundred mile round trip to the Mopar at Englishtown show on a hot august day, sat in bumper to bumper traffic for 4 hours on the way home took a second place trophy in the car show and ran a 12.53 @ 109 mph. props to AL,(HEMITIS) for the staging lane photo.:moparsmiley:

Screen shot 2018-05-19 at 8.16.14 PM.png
1-Picture.jpg
1-Picture 001.jpg
Screen shot 2018-05-19 at 8.31.26 PM.png
1-Picture.jpg

sweet looking ride
did that car come out of Jersey?
i remember a similar one just like it back in the day
white black gut buckets console auto
it had about 60k miles on it back in the very early 80's

sweet looking ride
did that car come out of Jersey?
i remember a similar one just like it back in the day
white black gut buckets console auto
it had about 60k miles on it back in the very early 80's
No, Car is from long island N.Y. car was ordered from Truman & Yates Chrysler motor corp located in Floyd, VA. Car was willed to the original Owners niece she got married, they moved to Rhode Island where her husband is a contractor working for the U.S.NAVY in the field of underwater robotics.The car sat garaged most of its years and would be occasionally driven. The couple where having another child and needed to convert the garage over to living quarters for the older children.
This was her car and loved it and didn't want to see it go, she was so upset about it she would not even come outside to meet me. so her husband told me.I told him to tell her that I would take good care of the GTX and would drop them a letter from time to time with pictures. he asked me if where ever to sell the car to please let them know. they might be interested in buying it back in the future. wouldn't that be a blast, it going to one of the kids that has now grown up LOL..

Last edited:
Congrats! I'd much rather read a story like this than about a car that sits in a collection. Real world situations about cars doing what they were made to do. Awesome man!

Auto Transport Service
Back