• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loose body trim

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Looking for any tricks that members have done to keep body trim pieces tight. The hood and deck trim on my 63 Fury are loose and have tried a few things, having some success on a few other pieces using nylon nuts and rubber hose. Hassle has included finding those small enough. The OEM pal-nuts are a pia sometimes as they loosen from vibration or are either too big or small. I’ve even flattened those a bit to reduce the hole diameter and limited success. Thinking of epoxy coating the studs; but before I give it a try, asking if anyone has other ideas.
Thanks!

I had that problem on one of my cars. Use good quality clear silicone sealer like used in building construction. A trick I have learned while doing tile showers for cleaning up the messy residue that squishes out is to spray around it with ispropyl rubbing alcohol to wipe it off and clean it up.

Auto Transport Service
Back