• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loretta Lynn won't be Down!

Wow, RIP. I recall sitting out on our sunporch assembling model cars as a youngster in the 1960's, a small radio nearby tuned to WHYP radio, listening to her croon the hits. Sad day.

Oh, if only today's poor excuse for "country" music were just one percent as good as the music she and many others produced...!

RIP, Miss Loretta.

Last edited:
Yep, CLASS lady coming up from poverty. She had a nice ride to 90. Was always a Patsy Cline fan too, think they were close, Patsy had a short ride in life though. Remember my mother singing along to her tunes - was in the 3rd grade when Patsy perished..

Damn that sucks, RIP Loretta. The world gets worse when we loose these kinds of people, but Heaven is getting to be a much better place.

RIP Loretta. As an actual son of a coal miners daughter born and raised in Eastern, Ky I feel kind of partial to Loretta. We were all raised “dirt poor” and Coal miners are some of the hardest working people you’ve ever met. It’s amazing the talent that’s in these hills. My dads 1st cousin is a song writer who wrote one of Ricky Skaggs first #1 songs Highway 40 Blues. My dad, his cousin and Ricky were all raised right together in the same Hollow along with the new American Idol winner Noah Thompson and Tyler Childers lived right up the road in the same county. It just blows my mind when I think about. Too bad I can’t sing worth a hoot lol.

RIP Loretta. As an actual son of a coal miners daughter born and raised in Eastern, Ky I feel kind of partial to Loretta. We were all raised “dirt poor” and Coal miners are some of the hardest working people you’ve ever met. It’s amazing the talent that’s in these hills. My dads 1st cousin is a song writer who wrote one of Ricky Skaggs first #1 songs Highway 40 Blues. My dad, his cousin and Ricky were all raised right together in the same Hollow along with the new American Idol winner Noah Thompson and Tyler Childers lived right up the road in the same county. It just blows my mind when I think about. Too bad I can’t sing worth a hoot lol.
awesome story, thank you for sharing it. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this.
Like so many others I grew up listening to her and others on a transistor radio.
RIP Loretta.

Auto Transport Service
Back