• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Fender Tag During ReStore

FlagCraig

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Would you buy a B body without a fender tag?

The car has been fully restored and during restoration the seller said it was lost.

They are a legit Classic Car Re-Seller.

VIN Tag matches the car.

No build sheet either.

Thanks.

I bought a 1969 Roadrunner without a fender tag but its not restored. Its like a blank sheet of paper I can do whatever I want with. However I do know what color it was original and the interior. It will probably never be worth what a car with a tag will be worth. well..Unless I put a Hemi in it. ha ha

Did the seller represent the car as 100% original? If so I might be more ruffled about the missing tag & broadcast sheet. If not, eh. I found my broadcast sheet tucked under the springs of the seats when I pulled the interior out. They can be very hard to find. I don't see them getting lost though.......... Would I still buy the car? Depends what you paid for it - and what they represented.

Would you buy a B body without a fender tag?

The car has been fully restored and during restoration the seller said it was lost.

They are a legit Classic Car Re-Seller.

VIN Tag matches the car.

No build sheet either.

Thanks.

I bought a 1967 GTX without a fender Tag.
All I can say is: try to find it!

the fender tag is good, but the broadcast sheet is even better IMHO. It shows EVERYTHING the car came built with.

I found two in my Newport last weekend :hello2: one under the front seat and one under the back

DSC04443.jpg

View attachment 258017

like was said, if they are not passing it off as 100% factory correct, I wouldnt sweat it. just make sure she's a good olde solid car.

My wagon only has the corners left. The rest rusted away.

I don't care though, it's a 318 car with the original paint.

Pretty easy to see what it came with.

If your prospective car has a rare or desirable option and that's being used as a selling point, know that it will never be able to be proven and that will hurt resale.

If you're just concerned about whether it's a "real" car (RR, Bee, 340, etc), then the VIN proves it (unless you think the VIN tag might not be original to the car...which happens).

Auto Transport Service
Back