• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Muscle cars

The Rebel

Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Pretty cool site on FB, Lost Muscle Cars. Thinking of posting over there to see if anyone might know the history of my car, as the guy I bought it from knew the PO. The guy I bought it from (2017) owned it from 2014-2017. The guy he bought it from owned it from 92-14. Was able to speak to him years ago and he only had some basic info on the guy he bought it from.

See my old thread here on my research: Tracing My Cars History - Help Needed

Have you walked the field at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, with information on your car? I thought of this after seeing that your car came from Michigan. I connected with my current GTX by doing this at Carlisle, talked to a vendor of high end trim pieces, and lo and behold, he currently owned the car. I had been trying to buy the car since 1975, and it had been off the radar for two decades. The current owner had no clue as to the first 15 years of its history, which I had been part of on an almost daily basis.

There might be a guy like me, teenager when the car was new, now pushing 70, who was part of its story when it a daily driver. My car still has every original factory document it came with, but they don't reveal the first owner's name or the bizarre story of how the car was preserved to such a high degree.

Have you walked the field at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, with information on your car? I thought of this after seeing that your car came from Michigan. I connected with my current GTX by doing this at Carlisle, talked to a vendor of high end trim pieces, and lo and behold, he currently owned the car. I had been trying to buy the car since 1975, and it had been off the radar for two decades. The current owner had no clue as to the first 15 years of its history, which I had been part of on an almost daily basis.

There might be a guy like me, teenager when the car was new, now pushing 70, who was part of its story when it a daily driver. My car still has every original factory document it came with, but they don't reveal the first owner's name or the bizarre story of how the car was preserved to such a high degree.
Never been to Columbus, as I'm way out there in CT.

I bought my T/A as a high school kid in ‘78. 20 years later it was confirmed it was a Mr Norms car and I bought its sales packet. It had the original buyers name, he bought it in early 1971 and traded in a Challenger 340 to buy it.
I dug around on the web and found info on someone who I was pretty certain was the original owner. I found a phone number, but when I called it just rung, no answer or answering machine.
I sent a Self addressed stamped envelope to the address. Never got returned, or returned undeliverable by the USPS either. Other than finding the house and banging on the door I did everything I could I guess.

The trail on my car was purposely obscured. It was the personal car of a dealer who sold a lot of high end Plymouth muscle. He knew what those cars were, and would be, and wanted to maintain his privacy. Had I not been given the opportunity to test drive it, the original owner history would never have surfaced.

Auto Transport Service
Back