• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost my dinner yesterday....(FOUND!)

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
Fired up the grille after cleaning it then got my chicken out of the fridge to let it warm up to room temp. It had been marinading for several hours in the fridge and don't like to throw it on cold. I cook out by the back corner of the carport behind my shop and use my beater Dakota with a board that spans the tailgate that's covered in formica as a table top. The fire was just about ready when I went into the house to get some food containers and when I came back out.....no more chicken. No sign of it anywhere....not even remnants of the zip lock bag it was in. Doubt it was a squirrel unless they are strong enough to haul off 3 good sized thighs. Anyways, that's a first for me in the 37 years I've lived here.

Fired up the grille after cleaning it then got my chicken out of the fridge to let it warm up to room temp. It had been marinading for several hours in the fridge and don't like to throw it on cold. I cook out by the back corner of the carport behind my shop and use my beater Dakota with a board that spans the tailgate that's covered in formica as a table top. The fire was just about ready when I went into the house to get some food containers and when I came back out.....no more chicken. No sign of it anywhere....not even remnants of the zip lock bag it was in. Doubt it was a squirrel unless they are strong enough to haul off 3 good sized thighs. Anyways, that's a first for me in the 37 years I've lived here.
What kind of critters do you have? A hungry neighbor cat or dog? A bird? Crows here will do that kind of stuff. Owls tried to carry off the neighbor's Poodle one night.

Used to have coyotes out here but still never lost anything. I do have a few squirrels that I feed but never lost anything before. Got a new flock of youngins but they look too little to drag off something that heavy. Heck, the marinade was just as heavy before sticking in the thighs.....and didn't see any dogs or birds of prey around either. I'm about the only one out here that isn't fenced in but do see dogs running loose from time to time.
Prairie Dogs! Lots of them!
:rofl:

Ooooh... someone STOLE your dinner. For a moment, I thought you meant an involuntary bodily function which occurred after eating your horrible cooking................

I checked out wildlife cam and we had a fox in the neighborhood. I put some raw chicken breasts out for him. The magpies ate it all.

Marinate a couple more, in ghost chili peppers. Wait for them to disappear...
Can't afford to use food as bait.....
Man I've told you this before praire dogs are not pets they're infestation :lol:am sorry about your dinner but you have to admit that is funny.
You do know that PD's are a keystone animal, right? :)

Prediction: Something is going to start stinkin' to high heavens in a few days in the vicinity...
and you'll "find" the lost dinner. :lol:

Prediction: Something is going to start stinkin' to high heavens in a few days in the vicinity...
and you'll "find" the lost dinner. :lol:
Did a pretty good look around my place and didn't see anything but yeah, if it's around it'll let me know pretty quickly....like today lol. Even looked up and down the easement and didn't see any plastic remnants.

I hope you called 911.

Auto Transport Service
Back