• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low deck 451 with HP manifolds + eddy rpm heads (any problems?)

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a set of 84cc Eddy Performer RPM heads to bolt onto my 451 low deck big block build. I've got a set of HP manifolds that I'm going to run. This is going into a '68 Plymouth Satellite with power steering. Any fit issues with the angled plugs of the Eddy's? I've seen lots of people claim clearance issues with 440's, but wasn't sure on the 400 block.

If it is an issue, I've heard that a straight plug alternative is the mopar performance 452 head, but I'd really like to use the Edelbrock's if possible.

Hi I have a 69 Road Runner with a 451. Using 906 heads, and stock H P exhaust manifolds. I'm not sure if the Eddy heads have angled spark plugs or not. But I do know the Stealth heads have straight plugs, and everything is a bolt-on. I also am wondering how well these aftermarket heads perform with stock ex manifolds. Will try to find out about the Eddy heads and let you know.

Hi I have a 69 Road Runner with a 451. Using 906 heads, and stock H P exhaust manifolds. I'm not sure if the Eddy heads have angled spark plugs or not. But I do know the Stealth heads have straight plugs, and everything is a bolt-on. I also am wondering how well these aftermarket heads perform with stock ex manifolds. Will try to find out about the Eddy heads and let you know.

Yeah, the Eddy heads have angled plugs, which is why I was asking. The Indy EZ heads I think also have angled heads. I'd like to use the Eddy's if possible.

Did you get the Eddy heads put on yet? Would like to know how well they work when you do. Thanks

I've run HP manifolds with Edelbrock heads. In fact, I've written some magazine articles on the subject and covered the topic in my book.

You can find information in the tech article section on my website. A link to the books is also on the site.

www.arengineering.com

Might want to talk to Mike Liston (MRL) before you commit to mannyfolds. He just recently did some comparison on a 400 going from stock to HP manifolds and saw literally ZERO gains with the HP units. I'd certainly think about that before I choked some good heads with manifolds. Just food for thought.

go stealth heads straight plugs lower cc's bigger ports more performance and they are stock looking like the cast heads and better perormance than the edelbrock performer heads, not sure on price difference though

edelbrock
flow 290cfm
chamber volume 84cc and 88cc
runner volume 210cc
angled plugs

stealth
flow 290 cfm
volume 72cc
volume 212cc
straight plugs

Do the Stealth heads have a 72 cc chamber? Or is that a misprint?I thought sure they were around 84 to 88 like the Eddys.

Auto Transport Service
Back