• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low Rider

old tired rebel

Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
I have been doing some thinking. Wanting to do something different with my Doba and have been thinking about making it a low rider like this. No low riders I have posted are mine but were found on the internet.

View attachment 97910

ayyyy vato essay .....

go for it !

Attachments

• Yo-Quiero-Taco-Bell.jpg
    Yo-Quiero-Taco-Bell.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 231
  • lowrider_cuda_A_01.jpg
    lowrider_cuda_A_01.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,498

Attachments

• low2.jpg
    low2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 602
  • lowrider.jpg
    lowrider.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 633
some look pretty good but there are some that just look terrible :thinker:

No thanks, I'll pass.

It's a big car. They usually go over pretty good as low riders. With the right paint and wheels and details, it could be cool.

noone driving one around here thats not latino. Maybe things are different in Ok.

The Doba in the first picture has a nice stance and wheel/tire combo. I was always a fan of low riders as a kid and still like them today, I think a Cordoba could make a nice low rider and it's something i've always considered for mine. Not sure how much modification to the structure would have to be done to get hydraulics or air bags in though.

The Doba in the first picture has a nice stance and wheel/tire combo. I was always a fan of low riders as a kid and still like them today, I think a Cordoba could make a nice low rider and it's something i've always considered for mine. Not sure how much modification to the structure would have to be done to get hydraulics or air bags in though.

I am researching that now most likely air bags to keep a nice ride

My Mexican next door neighbor has a 79 cutlass with glitter boat paint and 4 showtime hydraulic pumps. I helped him out sometimes and he,d help me with my drag car. One day he pops off and says we ought to put some pumps on this thing talking about my dart drag car. I told him if this redneck wants to jump i,d drive thru a ditch . We,d both had a few beers and I bet we laughed for 5 minutes.I took a few rides in the Cutlass and its weird being on 3 wheels and have the bottom drop out from under you.

Rebel, I gotta confess, I've been thinkin along the same lines, mines been lowered 2.5inches, but not "Slammed"...But. I have another 76 corny in the wings waitin for something to be done to it...and I have been doin some sketches, and some fotoshoppin, and with a moderate amount of work , it could be done....it would look pretty damn good... of course you could ALWAYS put a stroker (408), a 727, and a 3:55 gear in it...and call it "Sleep LaBeef"...best of both worlds...

PS; back in the day (66,67) Growing up in SOcal beach area, we took a 64 chevy "lowered"it and stuck a 409, w/2x4's and muncie T-10, and a 4:11 gear it....... had alot of fun in that car especially on PCH

Rebel, I gotta confess, I've been thinkin along the same lines, mines been lowered 2.5inches, but not "Slammed"...But. I have another 76 corny in the wings waitin for something to be done to it...and I have been doin some sketches, and some fotoshoppin, and with a moderate amount of work , it could be done....it would look pretty damn good... of course you could ALWAYS put a stroker (408), a 727, and a 3:55 gear in it...and call it "Sleep LaBeef"...best of both worlds...

PS; back in the day (66,67) Growing up in SOcal beach area, we took a 64 chevy "lowered"it and stuck a 409, w/2x4's and muncie T-10, and a 4:11 gear it....... had alot of fun in that car especially on PCH

If you decide yo go low let me know it would be great to have someone to follow.

I have been doing some thinking. Wanting to do something different with my Doba and have been thinking about making it a low rider like this. No low riders I have posted are mine but were found on the internet.

View attachment 97910

I would be in serious trouble doing that on my dirt road :) If this is what you like, what the heck, go for it!

Auto Transport Service
Back